The Game Awards |OT| GOTY? Who Cares. Give Me Trailers

IMO, that’s the best case scenario, considering both HB2 and Avowed would be shown with ingame material.

I would be very surprised if HB2 isn’t there, and i would be very surprised if Avowed was there.

My bet is HB2 + inXile’s IP or Josh Sawyer’s. inXile’s one more likely after that Geoff tweet’s tho. Oh, and also some interesting Gamepass announcements.

As for my hopes, i’d like not too see remasters/remakes at all, or more Marvel stuff, but well this is even more unlikely than getting 3-4 big MS announcements together :joy:

1 Like

I think there’s less hype from Sony and Nintendo fans because their consoles/games aren’t as well-represented this year, Nintendo especially. Outside of Ratchet and Clank, it was kind of a slow year for Sony fans, though Returnal does have a loud minority of fans. (haven’t played my copy yet, but planning on it soon. I thought Ratchet was good, but not GOTY material for me.) There also wasn’t the typical big blockbuster story-based third-person action adventure game this year, and the only game to break 90 on MC is Forza Horizon 5 (deservedly so). When people say “this has been a quiet year for games” that’s likely what they mean.

The variety of candidates this year is great, and quite nice to see. Personally, I had a great time with games this year, and I’ve played all six GOTY candidates, which is a first for me.

In terms of announcements, I hope Keighley delivers. We’ve been a bit starved for big announcements this year, reasonably so - the pandemic is still a very real thing and has had an immense impact on all industries. It would be a good opportunity for Xbox to make a strong showing, especially with them having the most nominations this year. Public perception has been slow to shift but things seem like they are finally falling into place for Xbox, and with the 2022 that Sony is predicted to have (Horizon FW, God of War 5, GT7, Forspoken, Ghostwire Tokyo, maybe FF16, etc.), Xbox would do well to show whatever’s ready to show.

4 Likes

Yeah, it may just be my read on it, but there seems to be less hype this year. People seem to be going into it with tempered expectations. Maybe cos they were burned from some of the weaker shows this year? Even the hype trailer from Keighley didn’t really land with me. It felt kinda muted and unexciting.

3 Likes

Meznwhile japan’s biggest youtuber just bought 10,000 gucci series x goihg to make xbox cool in japan hopefully…MSN

4 Likes

I think this fairly in line with what might happen. Except I think a new reveal of something we dont know about. Not InXile or Compulsion…heck maybe a gear 6 splash screen and title.

That would be a great showing from Xbox

Anyone want to guess what these four games might be?

Hoping console Game Pass gets some goodies, too!

2 Likes

Very very happy

1 Like

I would be happy with Hellblade 2 and Avowed then if they add something else ecstatic

Am I seeing this correctly? TGA starts at 0200 on Friday for us in CET? If so, I’m out. Not a chance this old man can stay up that late. I don’t even do it for New Year! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It works out great for me, It’s starts at 8:30am AWST for me. Gives me time to send the kids to school and have the house to myself with no interruptions, so it better be a good show Keighley!

1 Like

Goddamn starts at freaking 6 am for me. :man_facepalming::sleeping:

Without clicking the link, lemme guess it’s that the infamous glasses guy who appeared at the PS5 japanese livestream last year.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hopefully Microsoft will let Obsidian reveal Avowed

Yup and it runs till morning.

What?? That’s so dumb. Guess I’ll be watching it first thing in the morning then, lol.

fuck yeah. release date at TGA?

1 Like

So it’s 4 a.m. for me…and it’s supposedly 2 hours or more? there is no way I’m gonna stay up for this. Sounds like a timed exclusive for the US. :phil_lmao:

1 Like