The Game Awards 2022 | OT?

Glad Live a Live got a nomination for something. That’s my personal GOTY.

And it’s nice they actually just gave the section up to JRPGs instead of putting very questionablely “RPG” games like Horizon and whatnot into it lmao.

Did grounded get nominated for anything?

Why do I get the feeling I shouldn’t just bother watching it since Sony is going to win almost everything ?

well its not like xbox had much of a chance. they didnt releae anything all year until now

“Stray” nominated for Game of the Year… But there will still be “players” from both communities using this award as an argument for something.

FH5 was eligible last year but not enough outlets voted for it . iirc IGN was the only outlet that included FH5 in their top 5 .

Not even because of Xbox not being there, mainly because of the type of games nominated.

1 Like

I think the easiest category to guess here in Best Adaptation . Its like 1000% going to be Arcane .

4 Likes

I am sorry but wtf at Stray being nominated. I feel there’s a disconnect among journalist and gamers because you can’t explain to me how that game gets nominated, but a game like FH5 doesn’t even get a consideration

If what you want isn’t here, just remember there are many other, some prestigious, reward organizations.

1 Like

I believe Geoff said to Jez Corden that the game was too late for being nominated or something after the latter made a rant on windowscentral.

Honestly while for me it’s sad to see nothing from MS being nominated, i can’t say it’s unfair, this year has been horrible while Sony had a nice one, luckily it’s about to end and 2023 looks much better.

This said, seriously, who watches TGA to see who wins GOTY and other categories? im excited for the event, but just cause there’s a chance we’ll see some nice Starfield trailer with a date, maybe Hellblade, Avowed (doubt) or well, many other games. But i don’t need some random guys to tell me which game was better than the other one

Hmmm . I remember a tweet made by Ryan Mccaffrey that they were the only ones that voted for FH5 .

Return of Monkey Island was robbed. And i don’t say that lightly.

No nomination for best ongoing game for FH5 also stinks.

The Game Awards always have the most boring and predictable nominations. You would think that was a bad gaming year clicking through these 31 categories.

1 Like

Re: FH5 last year

It has to do with timing. It was released early enough to be eligible, but late enough that most outlets didn’t have time to familiarize themselves with it in order to include it in their nomination lists.

And some outlets had even gone through their internal nominations process prior to the game being made available.

As I said, it all boils down to a timing issue. Same thing I’m sure is what held Pentiment back this year.

Regarding Forza Horizon 5.

At first, the game wasn’t nominated because it released after the date limit. After all the “protests” on social media, Geoff extended the nomination’s period and told outlets they could recast they vote if they wanted to include Horizon 5.

Apparently, the message was not very clear/people didn’t get it, so it didn’t get nominated.

I played Stray at launch. Not once during my play time did I think, “Wow, This is great. It’s really going to rack up Game of the Year Nominations!” I found the game to be a pleasant enough diversion, but nothing more. I didn’t even finish it - even though it’s short. I am completely baffled by these nominations.

1 Like

Oh that makes sense .

Stray…

STRAY?

:phil_lmao:

1 Like

its nominated for the TGA because it has high production values and its inoffensive. thats it :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes