The Game Awards 2022 | OT?

I see the fake lists have begun this morning. One is supposedly a Youtube leak, but no Microsoft games, Alan Wake 2, or Tekken 8 mentioned. Plus a completely different Tales game than what was leaked the other day.

I’m curious to see what will be shown.

If it’s a public vote Starfield might actually get that.

It’s not. Well, 10% of the vote is public, just like all the categories save for Players’ Choice, which is 100% bot-- sorry, public vote.

2 Likes

What are the chances that the show will start exactly at the mentioned time of 4:30 PM PT?

It is basically 6 am early morning here in India… Don’t wanna wake up to a 1 hour long count down timer :crazy_face:

Contraband to show??

Was thinking of watching the Xboxera stream but not sure I’ll be available now. Any chance someone could reply to me spoiler free of whether the show is worth watching or not, if there were any xbox or notable 3rd party trailers shown? That would help me figure out if I should try to avoid news before I get a chance to see it on my own.

That sort of depends on whether Diablo IV counts as an Xbox game. :smile: Diablo on Game Pass is pretty much my big reason for even caring about Activision at all lol.

Would be very disappointing if they are a total no show, whatever the reason. Not gonna sugar-coat it, this was an extremely disappointing year for Xbox first party. This is the big show where they can bring some excitement for next year or perhaps also/or the future. If not much then just something at least, I’ll take another Hellblade 2 trailer too with combat for example.

But it’s a good idea to just not expect a thing.

3 Likes

Time for Playground to shine even brighter…

In all honesty though, I’m not really expecting anything from Xbox other than hopefully a Redfall trailer with release date and a new Game Pass ad. Also ain’t no way I’m staying up for it either, will catch whatever is of interest tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s mostly trailers and not too much of the usual crap

Last year, did any rumors at all say Hellblade 2? I didn’t check for any rumors, but that game was one hell of a surprise.

For those of you who collect Rewards points:

That’s gonna mean having to stay up for it? Nah im good.

With Game Awards Elden Ring vs GOTW potential toxicity regardless of result, Sonic vs Genshin Impact toxicity regardless of result and FTC decision Twitter is gonna be a toxic swamp (more than usual) :joy:

Note: You don’t actually have to watch the stream to get the points. Just click through those 3 activities.

Hoping for big things tonight from Microsoft. They are pretty much not represented at all at the Game Awards, real down year for them. Announcing a release date for one of their 2 “big” games next year or maybe some gameplay from something like Avowed or something is needed.

They need trailers with gameplay at minimum. I ain’t buying into CG hype announcements anymore, or trailers for games with release dates 5+ years from announcement. Like Everwild.

I clicked the link but it brings me to my country and sadly those are all challenges I’ve done today. The game awards bits aren’t there for me.

Ah well.

Agreed, 100%.

It’s THE place to show some exciting stuff, even if a particular game might be a 2024 thing, idc.

I am honestly mentally prepared for a no-showing.

1 Like

2024 is soon enough but show me some gameplay, show me something about the game. Not some random CG you spent bank on to say look what the game isn’t going to look like. As cool as the idea of that Xbox event was in 2019, most of those games STILL being 2+ years away (or sooner we don’t really know anything) is real sad.