The Game Awards 2020 |OT|

Yeah, Elden Ring could be there but I don’t believe that we’ll see it until June. I could definitely be wrong though. One more week to find out.

Playdead could definitely be there as I am expecting several AA/Indie titles.

Also, the MMORPG Crimson Desert will have it’s gameplay trailer reveal which has been confirmed to be shown at The Game Awards.

2 Likes

Or the game from Jumpship which is the team that was created by the guys that left Playdead after Inside. Which looks very very interesting btw. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrYYe7RUJTVl7uANOKYlyHw

Speaking of Playdead and Epic as a publisher teasers from the new projects from Remedy and genDESIGN might also be a possibility. I wonder if Sony will moneyhat any of those, I hope not.

Elden Ring HAS to be there too…Miyazaki pls. :frowning:

2 Likes

I love Ori - playing the second now. However, it definitely has it’s issues over the first - unlike the first, I simply cannot play for hours on end. The art as usual is AMAZING, but the gameplay. It’s good, but can see why it didn’t get nominated for GotY. The first Ori is better …

I am eagerly awaiting FFVIIR, so going to have to disagree there. Animal Crossing has done more for gaming in this pandemic than many hardcore fans will admit. My wife, who HATES gaming, plays that game on my Switch. I haven’t played my Switch in months because she has it all the time. It may not be your cup of tea, but it will probably win …

MS has great diversity, but none of the real blockbusters this year. Why does it matter to some of you so much?

I’d really like to know what the nomations are based on. Tsushima has a meta of 83, 85 open critic, which is spot on in my opinion. Gorgeous game, cool somewhat refreshing combat, but after playing 4-5h I just don’t feel the need to keep going. It didn’t grab me I suppose. Good game, and does enough to differentiate itself from Assassin’s Creed, but I don’t think it’s a special game.

If Tsushima is worthy of a GOTY nomination, Gears 5 should’ve been as well.

Ori 2 got a 90 meta and open critic (would probably be higher without the launch issues), 8.8 user score, 99% recommended on open critic… My personaly GOTY so far and I think Moon got robbed.

Happy to see Hades nominated though, Supergiant is an incredible studio, and they managed to make me really like a roguelike! Haven’t finished yet but I did reach Hades once. Not sure about FF7remake but I only played the demo so can’t really comment. TLOU2 was always going to be nominated, critics love Naughty Dog for some reason (I don’t). Animal Crossing is possibly the biggest new game of 2020.

One more thing, I’d be happy to see Wasteland 3 win best RPG, it’s a fantastic game!

Edit: Naughty Dog has incredible technical and art teams, their games look absolutely amazing, music, everything is top notch, but to me the gameplay is just… not good

2 Likes

Gameplay in TLoU2 is actually the strongpoint - story is good, but the gameplay in the second is way better than the original. Tsushima probably was nominated for all the new things it does, and because it is gorgeous - was a great experience. Also sold a ton. I find Ori amazing to watch, but the game itself is not as good as the original. Too bad, because I love Moon studios but I get easily frustrated with Ori2 - it’s HARD, so I’m not sure how accessible it is for Gaming Awards. Even easy mode isn’t all that simple.

Hades was great. Animal Crossing is going to win the GotY though. I’ll be surprised if FFVIIRe doesn’t with the RPG category, I expect Flight Sim to win the Sim/Strategy category

I suppose that’s debatable and subjective, I thought Ori 2’s gameplay was superior than the first game. Also, what they did with the Series X patch is incredible.

Hades is harder than Ori imo.

They are voted on by a panel of gaming press. Easy Allies, IGN, Kinda Funny, Gamespot, VentureBeat, etc. etc.

2 Likes

I dunno, I don’t think TLOU2’s gameplay is all that special. Everything else though is stellar, besides the divisive story.

I disagree with your opinion on Ori and the Will of the Wisps, I think it easily surpasses the original. I thought the combat was great and definitely much better than the first one. I thought the platforming was improved somewhat too. I didn’t think it was that hard either. It was certainly challenging in places, but not too hard.

3 Likes

Wow. BIGGGGGGGGG disagree.

2 Likes

Another presenter announced, Gal Gadot. They sure are having a lot of movie stars this year.

1 Like

Maybe my Ori skills have declined …

I completly agree with you. Something about Ori atbf was more fun. I think the dash was more important in that game and thus the lvls more challenging and I also love the FF7 remake ^^

Hmm, since Atlus seemed to accidentally put out a trailer for Persona 5 Strikers coming to the West, maybe it was meant to be a Game Awards announcement? The timing makes sense, in that case.

Round 2 of Player’s Voice has started.

Here are the 10 remaining games:

• Ghost of Tsushima
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Hades
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Among Us
  • Doom Eternal
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Vote here:

2 Likes

We’ll be getting a look at the next Dragon Age game during the Game Awards! Excited to see more about the game.

Additionally, three more presenters confirmed, Brie Larson, Swedish Chef, and Troy Baker:

seeing among us there makes me soo happy!

1 Like

Came out of nowhere, it’s a fun and unique game to play, so it most definitely deserves the recognition it’s getting.

2 Likes

Technically not a 2020 game though, but whatever.

I know, but Geoff said he made an exception since pretty much no one knew about the game’s existence until this year.

That’s fair.