The Future of Xbox Events. What Should it Be?

Oh, I thought it was Playstaion exclusive. Didn’t know it launches in Game Pass.

Crazy what these shows are able to do huh :joy:

4 Likes

I agree and I think we’ll get there, but I think this entire conversation is kind of clouded because there are a lot of people that (understandably) want to see Redfall, Avowed, Fable, and other AAA games.

When I see people talk about Xbox needing more shows, its because they want to see those games now not at E3. I don’t think the type of show you described is going to appease those people.

1 Like

Well, that’s understandable. People want to see the next gen exlcusive games…

The key is to have a good mix of all kind of content , that’s what i learnt on MS’s 2020 show, what’s the point on grouping Redfall, Avowed, Starfield, Forza motorsport etc on a big yearly show?

What was the best thing we saw yesterday? Most of us would agree it was returnal’s Co-op and survival mode.

Well imagine a show with a quick update on Halo’s new maps and modes, Forza’s DLC/expansion, Redfall in-depth gameplay and either Avowed or Forza Motorsport, you could fill 20+ mins with that, then add some Gamepass stuff and some third party multiplatform, and there you have a 40 minutes show with cool content for 4 first party games, i doubt anyone wouldn’t be happy about a show like this.

And there’s still a lot of stuff left to show for June/July with Starfield, Forza/Avowed, Compulsion and Coalition’s next games etc etc.

1 Like

E3 dead :frowning:

1 Like

Welcome your new summer of gaming overlords.

I disagree with this. Xbox did use to do Inside Xbox and they filled it with gamepass announcement and people hated those shows. They added an escape room segment mimicking State of Decay 2 and they got trashed for it. The people on twitter just want AAA 1st party games from Xbox. They want to see gameplay of these 1st party games. That is all. Xbox has show to many indies and AA games and not enough “heavy hitter”.

5 Likes

Hey Nick thanks for the leaks. How come Microsoft never tells us anything about their planning? How come we only hear leaks from you, Jez and Jeff Grubb? Where is the communication for their customers?

I remember the last summer showcase they did where they announced starfield as exclusive was really good in terms of layout. I dont think they need a host per say. Have phil come and drop some bombs every once in a while but just make it trailor trasition then trailer again. I also liked how a few days later they did the same show but with interviews. They should do that as well

1 Like

Assuming the rumored events are true, then there’s no way that the Starfield showcase to be on the september one. 2 months before release. That’s f’in crazy.

And before you all pointing out Todd’s “Starfield info in summer” comment from reddit AMA, note that he said it a few weeks before the ‘E3 being cancelled’ news. So things might be speedin up by the Xbox team.

May is basically summer

I thought it starts in June. themoreyouknow.gif

Are you talking about events or something else? what communication are you looking for exactly?

I hope Microsoft does an in person summer games show since more showcases are becoming in person. The excitement is always much more when there is an audience.

I cope by watching live streams. At least other people react too.

1 Like

Inside Xbox were a horrible format. They focused too much on developer interviews and lasted way too long. Of course people want to see gameplay of first party games but Inside Xbox wasn’t bad because they had Game Pass and third party announcements, it was the format.

I’d be happy if they had a quarterly half hour show. No Major Nelson wearing gloves holding controllers, no covering what Twitter is saying, and just focus on the games. Leave out the typical fluff we used to see from the inside Xbox shows and have a tightly paced, packed show presenting games.

1 Like

God no.

On the bright side, it seems they decided to try to revive E3 and sent out invites to devs and pubs today asking them to participate in an all digital event.

Hope it pans out

1 Like

May 2020 IX was perfect (better than pretty much any direct I watched live), but unfortunately it was the most trashed one

3 Likes