The Forum is about to leave "beta", and we want to collect one final round of feedback

I love Discourse. I only wish the homepage data matched the data on the pages (sometimes older threads are displayed and newer ones aren’t).

Love the site. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It took some time to get used to Discourse but it’s great. I still don’t understand everything hehe.

It would be nice if there was a post on the forums for every video/article posted on the mainsite, both to promote it and to get some discussion going. I guess there is comment sections on YT etc but that’s not the same…

Other than that, keep up the good work!

I did not even know the forum was in a beta phase because for me it all worked smoothly so far. Though I am still missing the page driven format :wink:

1 Like

Could you make it so we can completely and utterly ignore people on here please.

I don’t want to see it when someone else quotes them.

The first page upon opening the site should be the ‘latest’ page!

I literally open the website as an app and then click on menu button to reach latest. Every single time by default.

Thank you :pray:

You can set Categories, Latest or Bookmarks as your default Home page, check here:

1 Like

Ah, I saw your thread about it the other day. Something we could improve, @Predrag ?

@FunkyOne

Did you try the Ignore feature?

You will need to visit profile of the member you want to mute/ignore and then change what you want to see from them.

I am happy with the software. Endless scrolling works for me personally and having it save where you were when you come back is helpful.

3 Likes
It’s just a little thing i find it weird
We have to press Enter twice to start a new line of text here
2 Likes

Overall, this site and forum is excellent.

My main issue/complaint would be when typing out a message to post and it does format the way I want it. Sometimes, I want to just make a list with a game on each line and can’t unless I put a dash mark or an asterisk.

Other than that, missing the Table of Contents in the Xbox OT for the first party studios would be the only other issue, even though it’s more of a minor inconvenience. Otherwise, no issues.

Keep up the amazing work!!! :smiley:

I wish that using Ctrl+F would work like it does on other sites instead of defaulting to serve as a search feature for posts in the thread. Sometimes I wanna search the page/replies and have the page jump to the portion of the post and be able to sorta cycle through them like on most sites.

I honestly dunno what else to offer as constructive critical feedback. That’s a tiny nitpick but that is truthfully all I got.

As for the good stuff, literally everything else I like a LOT. Discourse is really great so far and the features for smoothing out the user experience is AWESOME. Stuff like just copy/pasting an image directly into the message or dropping links and it generating the imagery and whatnot on its own is fantastic. It’s really been a pleasure to use the forums so far!

Wish I could be more constructive! lol

I’ve enjoyed my time here. Just one suggestion - any chance of an auto-banner insertion feature (perhaps based on the tags added?) when creating a new post?

1 Like

Yes, this is the way to make new line because we extended editor/composer features, and 1 x Enter needed to go (tbh I’m not sure why, but some smart people who created editor know the reason)

If you want the list format you need to add * or -.

For Search you will need to double press Ctrl+F to bring in browser search. And Ctrl+F is only hijacked when you are in topic that has 20+ posts/replies. Maybe in the future there will be an update that makes Ctrl+F option in user Preferences.

Interesting feature for sure! Would love to have it and make life a bit easier for members.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Wish I didn’t have to though. Sometimes I forget and when I post, the message looks all screwed up and I then have to edit it. LOL. No biggie.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s possible with this forum software, but I think pages are easier to navigate than the one long scrollable window.

1 Like

From what I’m using here, only a couple of rough spots but overall it’s a very solid experience.

• The back button (which appears when you follow a link to another post in a thread can be quite erratic), like it doesn’t always appear, or sometimes when it does it doesn’t really take you back but instead to another post.
  • In the same sense, it would be nice if it was more easily triggerable. Like when you scroll up a bit it should show up to get back at where you were when you first entered the thread. As it is it makes it unappealing to get back into a thread you haven’t seen in a while because it’s not that great to go back to see the context of the messages and then back at where you can participate.
  • Dunno why it’s like this but long posts get cut off when quoted, at least on mobile. Makes a bit hard to trim down what you want to quote because it often gets cut out
  • I also miss an option to mark posts to quote, and then create a reply that quotes all selected ones.
  • And finally, it’s not really on the software side, but I think all the above makes it really harsh to go to such big threads so I end up not even visiting, but do we really need an official OT (that while is about the studios ends up a place to suck all conversations?) in this forum? I felt like that was a necessity in other platforms because you couldn’t really have any sort of discussion outside of these threads, but here just seems like an unnecessary big thread since we could have multiple smaller ones for each talking point. Also the points above make that thread not that great to engage if you are not super active on it.
1 Like

I have found the site very enjoyable to use. As per your site aims, it does provide a smooth transition between mobile and desktop. Keep up the good work. Most importantly i dont have to visit other sites to have a civil discussion about Xbox. Thank you.

1 Like

This is a great post - thank you, I think your last point warrants some significant discussion.