The Falconeer, Fantasy Air Combat coming to Series X. Updates and news

It’s interesting that the Xbox One X version is also running at 1800p60. Considering that the Xbox One version is 1080p, I wonder where the bottleneck was to hit full 4K.

Still super impressive and will probably be the first game I play on my Series X.

The game doesn’t use any textures, and SFS is one of the features of XVA, so I wonder if that plays a part. Regardless, different games will take different amount of times to load, even when using XVA.

This game looks amazing and has now creeped up to must have for me. Congrats to the dev for providing something unique and different for launch. Will be keeping this in my fast-resume rotation for sure. :+1:

https://twitter.com/FalconeerDev/status/1314700245310279680

Basically, it loads once and it never has to load again.

4 Likes

That makes sense then, thanks :+1:

So keep it in Quick Resume for an added bonus.

1 Like

I am aiming for the digital version. I’ve only seen the disk version available for pre-order. Am I missing something? As of yesterday, I didn’t see it in the MS store from my console either via direct search or browsing “coming soon.”

It’s taking its time. Shouldn’t be long for the digital pre order to go live. But yeh taking its time… the wheels turn slowly

5 Likes

the 4k 60 and 1800p 120 versions hint that the game has potential for 4k 100 consistently.

Perhaps, 6k 60 or maybe 8k 30 is possible on XSX afterall.

The beta loads from start up to game menu in about 14 seconds for me on PC so that’s a good sign.

Game doesn’t load after that, pretty much instant into the gameplay from menus.

2 Likes

Livestreaming the Game now with @FalconeerDev!

9 Likes

I’ll be there to watch!

Wonder if Jon’s Flight Simulator experience will help him out here.

(It won’t)

2 Likes

Some screens I grabbed during the stream yesterday. Gorgeous stuff!

12 Likes

Was on my radar for later down the road, but now that I know it has 120hz support it’ll be day 1 for me! More 120hz content for my new TV, the better!

Caught some of the stream last night and I must say you looked like a kid on Xmas at being able to play the game at such a ridiculous aspect ratio :sweat_smile:.

The game did look seriously good and I wish I had the ability to play at such a cinematic aspect ratio because it seems so much more immersive.

Wow this is breathtaking. Feel like if I printed these on a board and put it up on my wall people would ask who the artist was

2 Likes

Game looked extremely smooth on the stream. If this cross-buy? I definitely want it on the Series X since it’ll run better there than on my PC however I also want to check out true wide screen mode on the PC.

Was stuck working, so I couldn’t watch live but it was a great stream! A lot of great questions and footage!

This game looks so pretty. I can’t wait to play it!

4 Likes

Nice preview.

1 Like