The Blue Box Game Studios x Hideo Kojima Rumour |OT| Grab a tin foil hat at the entrance

This is the saddest thing I’ve seen in a while it’s like a qanon type of conspiracy.

Also, do people really want a SH? Besides real fans, I personally don’t think so. At this point it has become an overhyped game bc of playstation and kojima fans. just like every playstation exclusive or kojima game, even tho people don’t actually end up buying the game.

4 Likes

Of course people want SH. Certainly people want SH over mediocre games like Days Gone and destruction all stars

I’m hoping MS buys the IP. They need more horror games

1 Like

A new SH would sell less than a bug-less Days Gone.

And a new FF game would sell more than a new persona game. What’s your point?

I couldn’t give two shits about sales. A well made SH is long overdue. We don’t need more generic zombie games.

My point is, people outside forums don’t care about a new SH.

Most people outside forums don’t care about Fatal frame. Why are KOEI making another? Why make any game people outside forums don’t care about?

Let’s just make mainstream casual games only and forget about other hardcore genres of games.

Bc games like Fatal Frame have way smaller budgets. Kojima requires 100-200 milions just to pay Norman Reedus salary and other eccentricities. That’s why is a lot riskier.

There’s no way in hell he’s ask for 200m for a SH game. Cmon.

Also I was being disingenuous talking about Fatal Frame. SH as a franchise is on another level. It’s had multiple million sellers in the past.

A Newly rebooted SH with the right marketing can do well. We’ve had 2 Hollywood SH movies for Christ sakes.

If he wants Hollywood actors then yes, could be more than 100m.

https://www.reddit.com/r/silenthill/comments/b70dei/silent_hill_series_sales_units_sold_19992019/

While I don’t think your post is constructed the right way (it comes off as a bad faith argument although I guess that’s how mine will, too, despite no intention of it), I do agree with the basis of it. Allow me to (try and probably fail to) put it more eloquently:

Games being exclusive to PlayStation generate a lot more hype than being multiplatform due to the sheer devotion Sony fanboys/enthusiasts have, and the mindset in which they are inculcated upon (meaning, Sony has instilled on their fanbase the importance of being able to play games NOT available anywhere besides their walled garden, even to the detriment of consumers themselves, to the point that said fans champion in favor of company profits over their own wallet). I can elaborate much more on this but I don’t want to derail the topic.

Kojima has an insane cult following, to the point that using the word “cult” might not even be appropriate. Death Stranding is an incredibly mediocre game that, aside from a glorified demo and Metal Gear Online (yikes), is his lowest scoring Metacritic game, and that’s with some blatant media bias in certain reviews (don’t @ me with media bias doesn’t exist; look at Geoff and his love for Kojima if you want an easy example). Yet, the sheer hype and word-of-mouth praise for DS would have you believe the game was a masterpiece. I had friends who were casual gamers talking about the game without even playing it. Yes, this was partially due to the game being PlayStation console exclusive; see my first point. However, anything Kojima puts out will be overhyped, even if the rumors of him working with Microsoft are true.

Now, go ahead and combine those two points, and… yeah.

1 Like

What is that ?

As someone who loved Days Gone, I would easily prefer a sequel instead of Silent Hill returning especially since I didn’t care about it back then.

1 Like

I’m 100% convinced Death Stranding wasn’t supposed to be a walking sim initially, and that’s what Sony agreed to.

IMO DS ended up like that bc Kojima spent a massive amount of money on Hollywood actors and marketing rather than the actual game and its world, which looks like, and probably is, a bunch of Unreal Engine rocks and grass assets thrown in there.

If Bluebox IS Kojima then how do they explain the studio’s failed kickstarter from 2016?

Silent Hill essentially died as a franchise after SH3. It was a product of its time and it was amazing then.

But Ill go ahead and say it, PT was only good because of how short it was. The ideas were distilled into a super effective short experience. Had it been drawn out into a full experience it would have just been another plodding masturbatory Kojima game.

Anyone who doesn’t believe this is Kojima is delusional at this point because Geoff is involved.

Geoff blew the game during the Twitter Q&A and has been trying to backtrack ever since on OtherERA.

Kojima fuckery and Geoff are interlinked, and this is Kojima fuckery simply because Geoff is involved.

If Geoff wasn’t involved, I would believe it wasn’t Kojima, but Geoff is involved, so therefore it’s Kojima/.

Geoff gave it away and is trying to backtrack.

1 Like

Geoff is ruining the mystery for me LOL. My man can’t lie to save his life. The Twitter DM he posted proves there’s more to this game.

Yup.

He’s fucking terrible at this “lying to protect Kojima’s mystery” thing.

It’s Kojima because Geoff is involved.

End of story.

2 Likes

Some people have too much time on their hands and will be pissed to put it lightly if this game doesn’t turn out to be SH.