The Blue Box Game Studios x Hideo Kojima Rumour |OT| Grab a tin foil hat at the entrance

Yo if that rumor of Microsoft buying Metal Gear IP and having Kojima make it for Xbox and PC would destroy the internet the meltdown would be 10 times worst than when MS bought Bethesda.

I think the brand new Bomberman from last month having characters from pretty much every Konami IP (including Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania) and being fully multiplatform should kill all ā€œKonami sold their IPsā€ rumors.

My point is SH can be revived and hyped up

Not sure why people are downplaying it. If this was announced as a PS5 exclusive iā€™d be gutted. Though iā€™d eventually play it if PS5ā€™s were available by 2024.

A Hideo Kojima developed SH would be huge. Lets not delude ourselves into thinking otherwise.

1 Like

Trust nobody.

Everything is Kojima.

Everybody is on it.

1 Like

That might be great for console wars. Iā€™d be disappointed. I much rather Kojima makes a Zone of Enders inspired game or something. A big budget Zone of Enders 3 or equivalent by Kojima would be much more exciting to me.

I think Kojima and MGS is done. We need to move past that. The days of David Hayter Kojima and MGS is long gone. Lets move on.

Personally, I would love a Snatcher 2 but sadly, thatā€™s never going to happen. :sob:

1 Like

Because people desperately want Sony to make more exclusive games for some odd reason hm

1 Like

I donā€™t get why people are so excited about this in general. Silent hill in my opinion hasnā€™t been good since 2 and the only exclusive one was the first one. Then you add Kojia into the mix and after playing death stranding and honestly metal gear 5 ps can keep him. I didnā€™t like either of those games. Guy has a lot of talent I just think he has a big head and he feels his games are special because they are kojima games. A new Silent hill would be cool but after playing the medium I would rather see it from bloober or anyone really.

1 Like

Sony Exclusive

This is not Silent Hill. You are all drunk, go home.

4 Likes

So after reading everyones comments for the last couple of days, a lot of the clues did add up to this being a viral Kojima marketing campaign. Even the Konami shop stuff coming up so close to this game reveal was almost too close for it not to be it.

But sadly I now believe this all just a really bad process of coincidence. The games app got delayed now to Friday the 25th which is weird as heck when this Hasan guy was hyping it up for Tuesday.

Thing is though, this right here kinda kills it for me.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=2538667944&f_C=18087799&geoId=92000000&position=1&pageNum=0

Seems KojiPro is hiring for a multi-platform action game and itā€™s many positions for it. Granted, sure Kojima could be making two games for all we know. As KojiPro is an independent studio and not first party then Kojima can do w/e he wants honestly.

I remember back in the beginning of the Death Stranding stuff that Kojima had mentioned that they would be a multi-platform company and would be open to other companies. Although Sony struck first obviously with Death Stranding.

I will say this much though, Kojima really is one of the biggest sony fans ever. It was almost a done deal that I knew he would go to Sony first after he left Konami. Business is business but I for sure thought Sony wouldā€™ve made him first party by now. If this Microsoft rumor ends up being true, thatā€™s gonna be a major blow to Sony b/c Iā€™ve always viewed him hand in hand with Sony.

But yes I donā€™t see this now being a Silent Hill project with Kojima. It doesnā€™t even look like heā€™s working on anything horror atm. This really does look like a guy taking advantage of the situation to get publicity for his game though.

You gotta wonder why the push for SH merchandise and now a skateboard all of a sudden, wtf.

The sad reality is that this Hasan guy is a con man that is trying to hype up his dumb game by replicating Silent Hillsā€™ viral marketing campaign so that Silent Hill fans - who seem very innocent and easy to manipulate, donā€™t @ me - think itā€™s a Silent Hill game and people talk about it on the internet.

1 Like

You donā€™t know that.

Thatā€™s why people are going kind of crazy over this, itā€™s because we donā€™t know for sure. Thereā€™s so many things that doesnā€™t make sense with how this guy interacts with people and how this game comes out of nowhere with the support of Geoff, even acting like he knows him pretty well.

At least weā€™ll know pretty soon whatā€™s going on. But donā€™t bash people trying to have some fun. Itā€™s clear that people donā€™t take that too seriously for fear of being disappointed, so even if itā€™s not SH, weā€™ll have a good laugh and move on. This Hassan guy knows what heā€™s getting into, so I guess is prepared for the backlash.

Tomorrow apparently we finally should know, correct?

1 Like

My problem with this situation is that people (not here) are grasping at straws only to find a reason to downplay Xbox after the excellent E3 and Bethesda exclusivity, you know thatā€™s the goal, Silent Hill in the grand scheme of things is long forgotten, itā€™s not the real reason behind all this conspiracy theory.

Itā€™s like the fake rumours about Sony exclusives which are often proved completely fabricated, I remember DMC V, the new FF spin-off by KT and many others: major outlets report fake news, build a house of cards and then nobody take the blame after. As usual the biggest culprits are gaming ā€œjournalistsā€, who no longer behave like journalists, but influencers.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, there were some wild rumors these past few months. And some of the Sony fans are insuferrable for sure.

But I think thereā€™s just some fun to have with this particular Abandoned/Blue Box thing. I mean, even if itā€™s actually Silent Hills or whatever Kojima stuff, it wonā€™t make me buy a PS5. But I just find this fun, trying to decypher whatā€™s going on, thatā€™s it. And Iā€™m just happy when I see people having fun, especially when I donā€™t see it being used against Xbox.

Xbox is safe now whatever happens to Sony or even Nintendo for that matter. E3 had just calmed everyone down. We can relax with this stuff. Itā€™s okay if this new Kojima game is exclusive. Itā€™s no big deal, really.

And frankly, these guys are starving, like Jeff Grubb said. They deserve to have some fun.

Friday, I guess they need more time for their con setupā€¦

2 Likes

Damn, okā€¦bit more of a wait then.

I do think itā€™s curious how Konami has started to put Silent Hill out there all of a sudden. The timing sure is interesting.

I hope this rumor ends now lol

8 Likes