The Big ol' Xbox 3rd Party Releases Discussion Thread (HiFi, SoT, Pentiment, Grounded) (Part 2)

I don’t think this has to be as complicated as people are making it. Current Xbox has a developer mode which makes it essentially a PC. All this Nextbox needs to do is be an evolution of that.

3 Likes

That is me to a T and why I bought Xbox Series X over PS5. This is the first generation I haven’t bought a PlayStation. I’m not rich and with everything so expensive I had to really think what system I wanted and what games I wanted.

There is several PS5 games, I want, but ultimately, I decided the RPGs like Elder Scrolls are the reason why I need an Xbox over PlayStation. So, the talk of these games going to PlayStation infuriates me, because I could have bought the PS5, gotten these games and not miss out on the PlayStation games, I want to play.

10 Likes

Might not matter. From the sounds of it, we could see a handheld Xbox via this strategy within 2 years and the next Xbox 2 years after that. With everything from Sony coming to Steam, you see the same thing, even if unofficially. All servoce games day 1, leaving…what a 2 year wait for 1 game a year at best?

Yeah, I think its more straightforward than people realise. It will likely be expensive, but still have free online, Steam and the Epic stores. The PS6 might be cheaper, but will have that online fee.

They are not making money on the PS5 as they keep saying in their earnings reports because they keep having to discount it so heavily and it’s eating heavily into their profits.

6 Likes

Crazy how that ramdom leak from discord in January got everything right lol.

I’m just going to say if they close other studio, the can go fuck themselve. What a disaster of managament from the Xbox team. Their “strategy” didn’t pay off and now these studios will suffer the consequences for their ineptitude.

I’m genuinely worried for Ninja Theory now

2 Likes

Well the “Xbox team” clearly isn’t running the show anymore so “yay” I guess.

Also isn’t Ninja Theory working on their next game? I think they’ll be ok.

3 Likes

I’m really not interested in going back to PC gaming. Disguised as an Xbox or not. It’s supposed to be simple and games being optimized for it.

6 Likes

IF Xbox turns into just another publisher then a lot of studios are probably in danger. I hope some can buy their freedom before it is too late.

I’m not sure why people are making things overly complicated, other than assuming the worst to match how they feel. An Xbox, that plays Xbox games but can access the Windows Kernel to play PC games without us ever having to tinker/see anything Windows related makes far more sense. They do not want to give people root access or anything close to the freedom Windows does in their locked down system.

10 Likes

Yep I more meant at RRP - there was a lot of talk they’d stopped losing money on them at that price (particularly given the price rises outside the USA).

No doubt they’ve lost loads on the discounted ones, I’m more pointing out a well-designed Xbox could still avoid losing money next generation without pricing it beyond everyone’s reach - I trust Xbox to have a plan

Xbox is where it is today “thanks” to the past team. MS had to step up because clearly Xbox had no idea waht they were doing. Everething that is happening to the brand right now is “xbox’s team” fault.

And everyhting about HB2 points at a giga-bomb so…

Because reading all these posts and explanations of what the next Xbox will be sounds unappealing and confusing.

1 Like

You’re listening to a circle jerk of misery where people are talking themselves into the worst case scenario over and over again.

10 Likes

Yeah I guess there is a bit of that. But I’m genuinely confused.

Ninja Theory is an 80 person team. There is no way Hellblade 2 cost 1/5th of the normal AAA title/marketing. It’s not a “giga-bomb” ffs.

8 Likes

1000% agree with you. If they touch Double Fine I swear to God I will become someone worst than the Red Dragon and I will become Xbox’s number one hater.

*Points at Tango

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

lol ok.

1 Like

Hah, my line is Obsidian. That’s when I go full Timdog.

I can’t believe I cheered on these acquisitions back in the day. MS doesn’t give a shit about gaming.

11 Likes

Just wait and see - we’re all just guessing at the moment, even Jez is, from a comment by Phil in an interview.

I’m sure whatever they do they understand the attraction of consoles is plug and go, so it’ll be user friendly whatever they come up with - let’s just see what it is, when they’re ready to announce it

1 Like