The Big ol' Xbox 3rd Party Releases Discussion Thread (HiFi, SoT, Pentiment, Grounded) (Part 1)

Nate was the first person to come out with the Infinite MP shadow drop

Shinobi also said other stuff was coming when ADF was announced for PS, this is happening, pretending otherwise feels like cope

1 Like

Yeah I see zero upside to it. Maybe I am missing something.

6 Likes

Yep, I don’t get it either. Your guess is as good as mine. And like you said, it will absolutely make people wonder what else could be next, with each and every single new release too. These talks will never stop this way, lmao.

6 Likes

We’ll see what it is when it happens and we can be angry or shrug about it once we have more information.

Kinda useless to worry about for now.

7 Likes

More like wait and see unless I should believe Persona 6 is PS exclusive.

3 Likes

The money suits within Microsoft wants more money, it’s just how corporations operate. However, their data driven research were not always right though, and their strategies are still prone on failing.

Some more quotes / context for folks

Post in thread ‘NateDrake: A critically acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY conversation for the year it released, will come to a competitor platform in 2024.’ NateDrake: A critically acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY conversation for the year it released, will come to a competitor platform in 2024. | Page 5 | ResetEra

1 Like

they want more money from third party sales while most of their revenue comes from services and their third party cut on their platforms, they want to have both but one will have to give if they pursue this strategy

It angers me a lot. I will tweet Phil telling him he wants Xbox to have no identity if that happens.

It aint coming to PS5…if they were that blase with Xbox IP they wouldnt have cancelled the PS5 version the first time.

6 Likes

New year, yet people on this forum going crazy again with “trust me” insiders

2 Likes

That has me thinking more and more it’s HFR. The person mentions potential sequels would be exclusive, and I can absolutely see HFR getting one. Psychonauts 2? Kinda doubt that.

I dunno, I think people are putting too much stock in internet narratives here. Xbox acquired Mojang back in 2014 and so a portion of their ecosystem has been multiplatform for nearly a decade now - in that time they’ve had multiple releases come to other platforms and continued to support various games on other platforms. Despite that, I don’t think anyone is looking at the big exclusive titles this year and thinking they might come out on other platforms.

Plus, the people who discuss these things tend to be pretty clued in on the subject anyway. We’re all in a pretty small bubble so far as the gaming audience goes, the average consumer is gonna see Call of Duty adverts with a big Xbox logo on it and think Xbox is the place to be to play Call of Duty. I don’t think they’re gonna be worried about Hi Fi Rush coming to switch or whatever this rumour turns out to be.

Plus ultimately whatever this game turns out to be, if the rumour were true, it sounds like it’d be a similar approach to Playstation releasing games on PC. Their internal strategy seems to be to keep PC releases inconsistent and unclear to ensure they don’t impact the games initial release while getting to double dip on a second release later. I think Xbox could handle things similarly.

That’s the thing, Microsoft has been always ambitious with their plans, but like you said one has to give in, you can’t have both ways.

1 Like

Don’t say that, I live in hope of an eventual Psychonauts 3 :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Me too!

But the person also says it’s for a game that isn’t really driving GP subs anymore. HFR is only a year old, wonder if it’s something else then?

1 Like

Killer Instinct would actually make sense

It’s not ideal in terms of “narrative” but it’s a MP focused game, it’s also ancient and will likely have a sequel in a few years that can be exclusive

Would definitely make more sense than something like HFR which is single player and only released a year ago

Hmmm, that’s true too. Maybe something much older then. But what else other than HFR and Psychonauts 2 have been in GOTY talks?

The other side of that is they are making absurd money in part because they have a larger ecosystem that is less reliant on traditional games sales. Minecraft is the best selling game of all time after all, and continues to be supported with updates and spin offs on other platforms, they have multiple GaaS games on Playstation with the Bethesda acquisition too. This only continues to be the case with Call of Duty bringing in dumptrucks of cash now.

Firmly believe it is too soon for HFR

Fallout 4 for Switch 2? Ain’t exclusive anyways. Deathloop? Doom Eternal? IDC about games Microsoft had no control over, pre buyouts. Hi Fi Rush and Pentiment? Absolutely not!

2 Likes