The BC Thread (UPDATE ON FPS BOOST)

Absolute kudos to the BC team, what a job to give Xbox such a massive, diverse lineup through BC. Bringing some of my favorite games back from the dead :green_heart:

Going to be throwing down a wad of cash on some of these like Max Payne Trilogy, Nier and Binary Domain.

1 Like

This was me when I played Sleeping Dogs & Mad Max with fps boost, not even my favorite games in any way, but I was just so happy to see them play so smoothly.

I would have actually cried real tears if that was RDR but oh well :sob:

It the end but there is still so much more games from the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 catalog i hope they reconsider they don’t need to make many at a time maybe just 3-5 BC games a year or even 1-3 a year

Demon’s Forge , the licenses in Microsoft + Bethesda + InXile hands, Why they don’t add it?

1 Like

I’m sure the BC team would be glad to throw a big chunk of dollars to bring some of most-requested old games to today’s hardware. Jet Set, PGR, etc. But I can see their frustation with the license holders (and developers) being not “friendly” to make the processes a bit easier. Like new contracts and all.

It could be just technical stuff btw

PGR or any racing game with license cars cost a lot that why FM7 was delisted cause of the cars license it not feasible to make car games BC cause of the cost of the cars license

I 100% bought Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City digitally years ago when it was on sale but it’s not on my ready to install. Is it disc only or what?

The other new BC additions that I already have are physical copies and I can’t be bothered digging them all out. Will buy DOA3, DOAU, DOA4 and maybe Binary Domain tonight or tomorrow and the others I’m interested in later down the line when they’re on sale probably. Luckily I already unlocked everything in DOA4 so I’m so glad I don’t have to fight that god awful Alpha 152 again. Will have to unlock everything in DOA3 and 2U though, I’m pretty sure I printed the cheats out when I was in school and they’re probably behind the booklet in the cases lol.

Sucks we didn’t get FF1+2, Buffy 1+2, Eternal Sonata and Resonance of Fate. I was really crossing my fingers they would be up as well :sob:

Well they literally said a combination of that and licensing/legal thing. Like some devs who made games for original xbox and 360 are now a long gone and they were probably thinking, “ah well… not worth the effort to talk to ex-dev X of game Y to bring it to Series consoles.”

Hunted: Demon’s Forge was a game by Bethesda/inXile. Demon’s Forge, the text adventure and without Hunted in the title, was a game by Fargo at Interplay. So I would guess licencing issues.

1 Like

The way it’s phrases tells me there has to be games that are technically just hard to emulate or something, not legal or licencing stuff.

THISSSSSSSSUHHH

A shame its ending but at least they went out with a bang

Mortal Kombat 9 and the Max Payne games are big ones to finally get, only one left that I truly wanted was Prince of Persia Warrior Within but il just emulate the ps2 version with retroarch

1 Like

Me realizing this means I need to record Sonic 06 from my 360…….

Yelling Gears Of War GIF by Xbox

1 Like

I dont buy that technical constraints stuff. The others I do understand.

1 Like

My experience with emulators, there’s always games that break or buggy or not fully playable. Yes this is official and backed by huge resources but even then, emulation cannot ever be perfect. There might be games were even optional or side content is faulty and so they can’t put it officially like that.

I think the technical constraints is they have to wrap the old game into a new package in order to have it run on the newer consoles. This means it requires a redistribution, which isn’t legally allowed according to the signed licenses. It’s that implementation detail which prevents them from being able to enable all the games.

Thats just my take on it, where its 99% legal and license and 1% down to technical implementation.

6 Likes

Congrats to the incredible BC team for their amazing work. In 2013 I could never imagine that 360 and OG BC was even a possibility on Xbox One let alone being this good!

It hurts that some of my favorite games like Outrun C2C/Online Arcade, Burnout 3, PGR4, JSRF didn’t make it but I totally understand it. Oh well even as it is right now the BC list is amazing so I can’t complain.

6 Likes

So long, and thanks for all the fun. I was playing New Vegas when I heard rumblings about it getting improved, so I set it aside for a bit. It’s sooo much smoother now, I love it.

And crisp as can be I bet? :slight_smile: