The BC Thread (UPDATE ON FPS BOOST)

Any chance of a BC sale in the next few months? I’m not sure how often that kind of thing happens but I’d probably impulse buy a bunch of things if so…

Christmas sales usually have a lot of BC games on sale.

1 Like

Booted up Max Payne 3 today. God that feels good to play again.

4 Likes

I believe the last time they had a big BC themed sale was 2019. I’ve been rooting for it to happen again, but since then 360 games have pretty much dropped off the map in terms of sales, so I’m not holding my breath.

Anyone aware of a list of must-play BC games from Xbox history? Never really had an Xbox until recently and I’d to try and play a little bit of catch-up. At least where the genre and game interests me.

I am not, but this thread is great to go through where Delroy and others go through on a month by month basis to list out the games they enjoyed or think were the best. Maybe see if any of the games in particular catches your fancy, then check to see if it’s BC?

2 Likes

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that thread and it may be good for a few suggestions, but it’s going to be 240 games long when it’s done and I’m guessing it will take a while to complete.

edit: Didn’t realize Delroy was completed. Maybe I’ll take another look through it.

Some easy recs:

• Gears of War series
  • Fable series
  • Forza Horizon
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Knights of the Old Republic

This is a great list! I would add Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 in there, even if you played the Sigma versions they are totally worth playing if you like the genre. Also Panzer Dragoon Orta & Fable 2 are great games and X enhanced (aka running at ~4K on One X and SX)!

Lots of classics. Just pay attention to sales and start building your collection. The nice thing about the Xbox ecosystem is these games will be in your library forever unlike most Nintendo and Sony game libraries that you have to rebuild about every other generation.

Here’s just a few must haves for me personally.

Burnout Revenge Bully Crazy Taxi Dead or Alive 2-4 Grand Theft Auto IV Mortal Kombat NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Pac-Man Championship Edition Peggle 1&2 Red Dead Redemption Sonic Adventure Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Soulcalibur 1&2 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wolfenstein 3D

2 Likes

I played a bit of Sigma back when it released, but I just don’t have the patience for difficult games so it’s not likely I’ll play these, but you never know. I think I’ve got my list (obviously not all BC). It may take a while. Let me know if I’ve missed anything obvious. Basically going with anything that was historically Xbox franchises or maybe titles from the newly acquired studios.

• Crackdown
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
  • Dishonored
  • Dishonored 2
  • Fable
  • Fable II
  • Fable III
  • Forza Horizon 4 (played it for a bit and may come back to it after 5)
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Gears of War
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Gears of War Judgement
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears of War 5
  • Geometry Wars
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo Wars
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 4
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Halo: Spartan Strike (PC I guess)
  • Halo 5
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Halo Infinite
  • Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Jet Set Radio Future (probably not possible)
  • Knights of the Old Republic (likely wait for remake to hit XSX)
  • Knights of the Old Republic II (and hope for a remake of 2 as well)
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pillars of Eternity II (if I like the first one)
  • Recore (played a bit a while ago, but got frustrated with needing to hunt down prismatic cores to progress; might give it another go)
  • Splinter Cell
  • Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • Splinter Cell: Double Agent
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (big maybe)
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (big maybe)
  • Viva Piñata
  • Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
1 Like

UPDATE:

It’s odd how some of these bugs can crop up. I remember running into an issue running Mario Sunshine at 60fps made it almost impossible to collect some coins before their timer ran out.

https://seanmidford.ca/blog/running-sms-on-dolphin#issues

Why limit yourself to only Microsoft games? I feel like you would be missing out on a ton of third party games that are basically “exclusive” since Xbox is the only modern console that support these 600+ games.

Sorry, that’s what I meant by “historically Xbox”…at least in the console space. ie. Mass Effect, Splinter Cell, Elder Scrolls, etc.

I get that, but why though? Many games were considered multi platform back in the day but now they only exist on Xbox.

Oh sure I get that, but it’s not like I haven’t played any games in the last 20 years. I was primarily a PS and PC gamer over those years. This is mostly to get “caught up” on some of the important Xbox titles and franchises that I may have missed out on.

1 Like

Ooh… @javycane will love this…

1 Like

NOOO

3 Likes