The Ascent - Previews and reviews roundup

Yes, The Gunk is an exclusive in perpetuity :relieved:

3 Likes

Alright, looking forward to see more of that game, it’s got potential! Man second half of 2021 is looking pretty cool so far.

Dev Q&A, although their rhythm is a little weird, it’s informative!

5 Likes

some gameplay from WinCentral by Jez Corden

6 Likes
5 Likes

It’s looking more and more like The Ascent will be my big summer game! Expecting to put a good amount of hours into that sweet baby.

Playing Psychonauts right now, if they release both these games in Summer, it will be busy and awesome.

2 Likes

Does this still have ray tracing? Just seen an interview from the dev with Gaming Bolt and its a UE4 game and they talk about some features but RT isn’t mentioned.

Still listed as RT in Xbox store.

• Visuals and graphics : The Ascent will support ray tracing on at least Xbox Series X for realistic lighting, shadows, and reflections, physics in objects and environments, full HDR support for superior contrast, and likely other improvements in texture quality and visuals over Xbox One.
3 Likes

5 Likes

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact it’s a 12 people studio. I don’t know what the scope of the game is but it looks pretty big. Mindblowing stuff, really excited for this.

1 Like

Keep these people close and buy them while its cheap.

2 Likes

Yeah I believe I mentioned that earlier, I’m wondering if MS approached them for an acquisition or long term partnership. I’m thinking something like Moon Studios (though Xbox isn’t publishing this game). These people left big studios to form Neon Giant so I doubt they would want to get acquired (at least for now), but getting a couple exclusive games from them would we a big W it seems.

1 Like

Looks like the preload is live. 17gb

3 Likes

Can not lie, this is one of my most awaited indie games ever. It just looks so gorgeous, and every bit of gameplay I saw looks so much fun. Sounds like a killer Game Pass get.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of twin stick shooters in general, so would be looking forward to this even if it looked decent… But it looks amazing – like it’s taking the genre up a level with the depth, RPG-lite elements, story, and sheer quality and detail levels in the graphics.

If this is half as good as it looks, I hope MS acquire Neon Giant and make this a new Xbox franchise going forward.

2 Likes

I remember the first trailer we were shown for this game. Something awakened in me. Like, I never knew how bad I needed a game like this…but I need this fucking game!!!

As someone who enjoys guns and grenades much more than magic and melee in games, it’s such a perfect twist on a Diablo like action rpg. Which is a style and formula I love, but a combat system I more or less tolerated

4 Likes

I hope it delivers. My hype for this game is high.

2 Likes

For anyone interested, here’s a new 30 minute preview from Vulkan on YouTube - It was pre-recorded last week.

6 Likes

This looks so damn cool. When he’s just running around, the camera angle, the way huge structures and bright colorful signage comes in to frame

It’s such a unique, gorgeous asthetic

That ship crashing in to the buildings in the distance at the 18:30 mark was sick

3 Likes

Really excited for this one and have been since the reveal. I have Death’s Door pre-ordered for next week, but then it’s The Ascent! And Psychonauts 2 right after XD

2 Likes