Studio Acquisitions and the Market Breakdown per Studio

Geez do we need TWO of these threads?

2 Likes

Nah it should be merged. Get it poppin and see if the mods notice

1 Like

NGL, the acquisition thread is already kind of an embarrassment, so having two is just that much worse.

I see the same 10 posts repeated in different ways each day lmao

1 Like

There ain’t much going on here, it’s just my personal thread lol. You thinking to much

If Microsoft were able to acquire all of DC along with WB Games, then the price would easily be worth it because Microsoft doesn’t need to get into movies, TV shows, etc. but could license out all the properties for a nice payday for each single movie, show, etc.

Also, while I don’t know if there’s a digital comic book subscription for DC (there may be or it could be Marvel, I remember Zalker87 mentioning this months ago but I don’t remember everything he said), Microsoft could do a subscription service for DC Comics where they would not only save money from not having to print, distribute, ship, etc. out all the books, the subscription service fits right in with Microsoft’s direction and they could make a good amount of money with it.

Add in all the future games and they would make back the purchase price in less than a decade so when you think about it, it should be an easy decision if the opportunity is there because regardless of the purchase price, again, Microsoft would get it all back.

Sony is on fire with the Marvel games as they not only review and sell extremely well, but arguably more importantly they get all the attention and focus because like them or not, Marvel is on fucking fire as is Sony like I said so having the actual competition in DC all to their lonesome would be massive for Microsoft and the Xbox brand.

Hell, just the idea of owning NetherRealm and having future potential cross-over games like MK vs KI or Injustice vs KI or all three in one massive live service game would be worth it in of itself.

Plus, since WB Montreal and Rocksteady are already developing DC IP’s, Microsoft and Xbox could benefit right away and allows their currently owned internal studios to not have to do any DC IP’s (unless of course they actually want to) and stay free to do whatever they want without impacting or affecting anything.

So for me personally, I would love to see it happen and if it was up to me, deal would have been signed, sealed and delivered already because I honestly wouldn’t care about the price tag for one simple reason - I know im going to make it all back in time and after that, it’s literally free money and who the hell says no to free money? But sadly, I think the time has past for acquiring WB. Microsoft had the opportunity and passed on it over a year ago.

One publisher I think right now is ripe for an acquisition is Activision Blizzard. What better way to clean out a company and it’s issues than a brand new owner? I personally have zero interest in AB outside of Diablo IV but business wise, if it could be acquired on the “cheap”, it’s a no-brainer simply because you get arguably the biggest franchise in gaming with COD while in turn, take it away from Sony which despite what anyone wants to believe would hurt them big time.

They would also get some good development studios in Infinity Ward and Treyarch with Sledgehammer being good but not great. You also have the Blizzard side with World of Warcraft which seems to be coming to Xbox on December 9th and I do believe that rumor along with other IP’s like Diablo and Starcraft.

Microsoft would obviously clean up the companies/studios, Kotick would be gone once his buyout is finalized and you would be getting the biggest FPS franchise in the world that consistently sell 20m+ copies every fucking year which is insane, an amazing action RPG in Diablo, an RTS in Starcraft, a massive franchise in Warcraft plus they have Overwatch that I just remembered.

Granted, I don’t see this happening but business wise, I think it would be a huge move for Microsoft. Also, isn’t COD pretty big in E-Sports? I don’t follow any of that shit but im pretty sure that there’s a league and whatnot, right? If so, there’s even more value right there.

At this point though, im just hoping Microsoft can acquire Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal as soon as possible along with the Tomb Raider, Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain, Deus Ex, Thief and Gex IP’s.

You really went all out sir :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

You’ve both made great points. Even from an entirely self-centered perspective, I’m no doubt underestimating what Sega would bring to the table in terms of games I would enjoy.

This topic is being closed as there is, and has been, an OT for this very topic for a year+. Please discuss here: