Street Fighter 6 Hype

I actually have a fighting stick - bought it for collection and sometimes play Tekken.

1 Like

Correct. Due to Capcom counting all versions of V as one SKU, it has sold 6.1 million copies, I believe. With fight games having a certain height of success not seen since the '90s right now, VI could possibly be the most successful Street Fighter everā€¦ if Cacpom doesnā€™t screw it up :sweat_smile:.

hope thereā€™s crossplay across the board and it does seem possible since they use Street Fighter IDs for SFV

1 Like

I wonder if Sony will allow the crossplay though. Does KOF15 have it now?

Right timeā€¦sf2 was an event like gta is today (obviously smaller acale)

1 Like

I donā€™t care for fighters, but if this makes a return to Xbox Iā€™m happy for yā€™all. And there have been no rumors whatsoever of Sony exclusivity, for sure if it had been a thing we wouldā€™ve seen rumors by now.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there would be a Street Fighter x Minecraft collab if there was Sony exclusivity for VI.

I think the exclusivity hurt the series with SFV. The game is already niche enough and Capcom just cut off a significant part of the userbase. Now sure most of the ā€œhardcoreā€ and tournament players would have just bought a PS4 to play it, but I canā€™t say as much for the casuals. SF is one of those games where I think a lot of the sales come from spectators who just enjoy watching high level play and buy the game to be part of it. Itā€™s one thing to just pick up the game when it is on your system, itā€™s another to buy a new console for it as a casual.

If Capcom is smart theyā€™ll have a lower fidelity version for the Switch too, even if the only purpose is add some exposure to the game for EVO

Iā€™ve actually been wondering about a Switch version too. It doesnā€™t seem like a game thatā€™s too demanding for it.

Typically, Sony ā€œrumorsā€ regarding exclusivity tend to mean that the game does NOT have Sony exclusivity :joy:

2 Likes

Oh I didnā€™t even know about that.

Oh, right. Youā€™re not wrong. There were rumors back then about DMCV and it ended up actually on the Xbox show, lol.

1 Like

Little sad to see I am getting rare achievement for KOF super simple things. Makes me think nobody supported it when I canā€™t even find ranked matches. Hope Street Fighter gets better word of mouth from MS.

1 Like

Well, marketing for KOF is on Sony. I would not be surprised if with marketing on Microsoft side, they would put the game on Game Pass.

Samurai Shodown has an exclusive Xbox Series next gen version (no PS5 version) and MS made ZERO effort to advertise it, and also did not get it onto Game Pass, so I donā€™t know about that.

By support it you mean buy it? Because rare achievements has nothing to do with low sales, if anything they suggest the opposite, the more people that have played a game the more likely the achievements are to be rare

I cant imagine KoF being a big seller on any platform though

So happy itā€™s coming and also seemingly returning to Xbox. Fuck the exclusivity they did with SFV.

Should have been an Xbox One version as well, Really donā€™t understand how thereā€™s a PS4 version but no XB1.

Youā€™d think with the way MS has tried to make it easy to develop multi platform for Xbox systems that the Xbox One version would have made a lot of sense.

The game isnt cross platform? One of those cases where I hope they make cross platform play available later on then if it isnt already.

I heard some people speculate that maybe itā€™ll use the RE engine. I think it might look a bit weird if they do use it for SF since itā€™s always had a cartoon-ish art style.

1 Like

RE Engine would make sense because itā€™s in house. Plus, not all RE Engine games are photo realistic (Monster Hunter Rise for instance).

I think itā€™s safe to assume that pretty much all Capcom games now will use RE Engine. Even Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection used it (so that completely shatters that it doesnā€™t work well with cartoony games lol). MH Stories 2 went back to MT Framework but it was also developed with Marvelous, but thatā€™s about it.

1 Like

Yeah, i think it could work with a cartoony style in re engine. I will be curious to see how or if it is a big departure from 4/5.