Steam Deck (Handheld) Revealed

If I can install game pass no issues this baby is getting some mileage.

1 Like

I dunno, between this SteamDeck and Switch, I’d rather pick up a Switch. Since it’s running SteamOS, I have concerns over library compatibility of games it would run natively. If it requires a PC to stream some games then I’d stick with the same hardware for xCloud - some rather inexpensive portable device.

The controls layout looks suboptimal too. Years of muscle memory is hard to overcome not to mention how much over the edge the DPad and B buttons are.

Awesome👍 you could play maybe all the playstation & Xbox ports in the future

Yeah, we’ll see how well it works of course. But the idea of playing my Xbox and Steam games portable is all I need, don’t really care for Nintendos stuff. That was more because I wanted something to play on the go.

1 Like

They said you can install anything you want on it since its a PC basically.

Portable NATIVE GAMEPASS HERE WE COME.

1 Like

Technically speaking
 this could be the closest thing to an Xbox handheld device some people have wanted lol (I know X-cloud exists with mobile i’m just saying it because some people want it)

They are ok. A low res 1280x800 LCD display is a bit underwhelming. And I am a bit surprised how AMD pairs Zen 2 with RNDA 2 here. With 16 GB of RAM it is future proved in some way.

Worth to note this thing has 4 buttons on the back side like a Elite controller. That is nice.

Still i expect Control to perform worse here than on the Switch where it is streamed.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see the takes on this one, especially from the audience that mindlessly echoes “Series S holding back gaming!”

So technically, you can install Windows on that ? ( third party OS ).

That’s a big boy.

Maybe Valve will dropped this like the Steam machine or their weird controller. Hope for the best but it’s Valve.

Gaben says hello Nintendo mwahahahahahhaa

gaben GIF

This got me thinking, would it not have been a better move if Microsoft had come out with a dockable portable device as their less expensive option, instead of the Series S

2 Likes

would be an excellent piece of hardware if software was made specifically for it.

I don’t think so. In my opinion Series S is specifically aimed for the people who literally only play Fifa, cod and Fortnite on a cheap console and for people who have PS5 as their main console so the Series S can be their second for when the exclusives hit. Let’s say all microsoft games can run on this Steam handheld then people will just buy Xbox’s games on that and it saves microsoft millions and the hassle of creating their own
 Also they have X-cloud

1 Like

Xcloud would make a handheld even more attractive, as you would not have to worry about storage space, as much

And if the handheld ends up priced the same as an S and can be docked. What’s the difference to those casuals
other than having the option to play it portable as well

An Xbox handheld has to be coming.

1 Like

They clearly talk about how other PC game stores can be installed as well - hello Xbox app. Xcloud will be launching directly through the app in future updates.

A little disappointed that the dock will be sold separately.

I just want to know if you can install Windows on that, not too fond of Linux.