Steam Deck (Handheld) Revealed

After selling a bunch of old Xbox consoles, I think I’m going to bite the bullet and pick up a steam deck. Going to install Windows and use it as a Game Pass on the go machine. Also has the added benefit of being able to switch between Windows and SteamOS when a game isn’t available on either OS.

I haven’t been following along very much on this, but maybe you have. Is there an official, warranty supportive, way of installing Windows on a Steam Deck? And what about a dual boot that you’re talking about, can that be done and still not void the warranty?

Thanks.

1 Like

You can install Windows 10 or 11 on to a micro SD card using a PC. Pop it in to the Steam Deck and boot straight into it Windows without touching the internal memory.

2 Likes

Wow, very cool. Thanks for posting that.

1 Like

Yep! Really does give you the best of both worlds without messing about with the warranty.

1 Like

My Steam Deck is basically a Emulation Station machine and it rules.

1 Like

What a day I’ve had! Checked my tracking info to see where my SD was and noticed they said it was delivered 2 days ago! Called the local couriers as I was convinced it had been stolen. After a few hours on and off the phone we finally discovered they delivered it to the wrong address and put it in their lock box! £350 device sitting in an unlocked lock box where anyone could have nabbed it.

Anyway, just finished setting up windows on a SD card and enjoying… Vampire Survivors :joy: Going to try Persona 5 on it later tonight and maybe some Death Stranding.

It’s a big boy but real nice in the hands.

1 Like

Awesome! Good call keeping an eye on it and following up. Hope you have a great time with it :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing what games it can run. Downloading Death Stranding right now. I’ll probably need to invest into a bigger SD card as the one I’m using is only 128G.

2 Likes