State of Play, September 13th

Final Fantasy Versus ? That’s a weird example.

Wasn’t the last SoP pretty packed? FF16, SF6, RE4 etc.

Yeah I already had my expectations tempered in my post here

People are so desperate for an actual PS Showcase I think they’ve convinced themselves this is it.

1 Like

Yup, the only first party game announced for 2023 is Spiderman AFAIK. People getting antsy.

It was announced several days before and lasted 30 minutes, so it was a bit different.

I see. I wonder then why they have announced SoP for today then? Guess feel obligated due to Nintendo and TGS?

Maybe they felt the need to throw a bone at Japan after neglecting TGS for like how long.

1 Like

I have no idea.

Likely contractual obligations

2 Likes

It could be this. I think they’re somewhat starting to take the “Playstation abandoned Japan!” stuff to heart.

It’s a far cry from their actual TGS showcases though. Those used to be THE venue for all kinds of great Japanese game announcements. Yakuza games, Danganronpa, Koei Tecmo stuff, etc.

Probably because since the moment Xbox won a couiple of weeks in Japan, they never allowed Xbox to do that again.

Considering that a lot of companies went after their own showcases, all this stuff splintered. I mean if Square Enix makes separate FF showcases, Yakuza studio too, I think there is some Persona event and so on…The old ways collapsed because making your own stream whenever you want is much cheaper.

It’s crazy how little we know about PlayStation’s first party road map. At this point it might make sense to sell our PS5’s after we finish the new God of War. Spider-Man and Wolverine are probably years away. Sure Xbox first party is having a slow year but at least I have confidence in a robust schedule of games in the future. My wife isn’t a gamer and even she suggested selling the PS5 since it collects dust. Just random thoughts as we all wait for PlayStation’s big “not E3” presentation.

10 games, hmm?

1. Final Fantasy 16
  2. Spider-Man 2
  3. Wolverine
  4. Silent Hill
  5. Metal Gear Solid 6
  6. Uncharted 5
  7. Bloodborne 2
  8. The Last of Us Part 3
  9. Goodbye Volcano High
  10. Final Fantasy 17

Trying to keep expectations in check, don’t want to get carried away.

1 Like

Whatever happened to 9? Lol.

Dont forget GTA 6

Tune in tomorrow/later today to find out!

My prediction:

• 5 indie games
  • 2 games that were in the Nintendo direct
  • 2 PSVR games
  • PSVR release/price
  • 1 PS5 game announcement.

Couple more minutes

Snitch said: 2 japanese indies and 2 japanese AA. The rest we will find out.

Hope PSVR2 is cool… and affordable.