State of Play (July 8th) - Gameplay Walkthrough of Xbox Game Studios' "Deathloop" & more

we should take bets on the waiting time

If they had a sense of humor they would make it a short pre-show timer and keep looping it over and over

5 Likes

Definitely not what I was hoping for. Oh well. No interest in Deathloop so at this point, just hoping to see more Kena and maybe one or two AA titles that im waiting on.

I definitely agree with others here who say that they should have saved their acquisitions and Tsushima DC for this State of Play. Would have been a better idea. Speaking of Tsushima DC, I would assume that they will have a small individual State of Play for it like they did Horizon 2 before it releases since I donā€™t see a ā€œmajorā€ State of Play event happening until September.

Really wish Activision would announce their release date for COD already so Microsoft can give us the date for Halo Infinite.

1 Like

If someone came from the future and told me that a few years ago, I wouldnā€™t have believed him, even if he looked like me.

I will watch it for sure. The game looks amazing.

1 Like

Think its safe to say Deathloop is going to be Sonys big game for the rest of 2021 and Forbidden West is launching in Early/Mid 2022.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s itā€¦ Thatā€™s the Xbox news we were waiting for

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

To do that kinda thing they need full scale gameplay to show off and a trailer. I doubt they are positioned to both of those yet for GoW.

2 Likes

More Deathloop news is good news in my book.

I like how Sony supervising games presentation in SOP, hopes they supervise Deathloop presentation showing the beauty of latest Arkane games <3

I think there are an interesting 3P titles waiting to be shown again.

Itā€™s nice to see Sony pushing an Xbox game though. A bit early to start the Game Pass marketing but ah well :smirk:

1 Like

As shockingly sparse as this State of Play seems like it will be, Sony has already had a pretty good year from a games standpoint (definitely not from a PR standpoint). If (a big IF) Horizon: Forbidden West actually makes it out this year, itā€™ll be a killer year for PS5 between that, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank, FF7 Upgrade, and Deathloop.

People with both consoles are swimming in more top notch games than weā€™ll ever have time to play.

2 Likes

PlayStation fansā€™ two favorite things: indies and Xbox Game Studios games. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

For me nothing on that list is interestingā€¦ Deathloop Iā€™ll wait for Game Pass, HFW Iā€™ll pick up on a sale for the PS4 and the rest is completely meh.

While I canā€™t wait to have some time to play R&C, I tend to agree. However, I donā€™t expect to want to play every first party Xbox game either. Diversity, quality and volume is very much worth celebrating.

Yeah definitely, always good to have a diverse lineup. My money is safe a couple more years though :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m still praying for Final Fantasy XVI to be multiplat or at least cross gen, to grant my wallet a stay of execution.

FFXVI is multi-platform but is a one year timed console exclusive for PS5.

I thought the same was true of FF7, yet here we are more than a year laterā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As a PS5 owner I disagree. Ratchet wonā€™t even make my top ten for the year and Returnal shouldā€™ve been a PS+ title or $40. FF7 update was welcome but letā€™s not over sell a simple graphics boast when dozens of games are getting updates.

Now that we know their lack of games for the holiday itā€™s safe to say that PlayStation has fallen on their face in 2021. It was a fun launch though for those first couple months last year. Maybe 2022 will be better.

1 Like

Deathloop is going to sell like 5 copies, unfortunately.

1 Like