Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space!

Fingers crossed that we don’t get a game breaking bug in the opening areas(Vault 111 flashbacks).

Assuming who Alex is, do you mean Dreamcastguy or Ohnoitsalexx?

Dreamcastguy. I’ve tried to watch Spawncast a few times and just looking at him makes me think he’s a giant douchebag. Then he speaks and it clears any doubts in my mind. :smile:

4 Likes

I kinda dislike most of the Spawncast so I think he is a great fit there lol.

A friend of mine is a somewhat loyal DCguy watcher. He says he makes good content too, I guess only about Nintendo and Sony then because anything Xbox I’ve seen by him is…shit.

Yeah, he has been your typical rage bait YouTuber for years now. The only thing that sets him apart is how much of a PlayStation fanboy he became. I know someone that used to watch him years ago, and he said it wasn’t as bad back then. But I’m not going back to watch his old content.

ANyway he’s only relevant for his console warring on twitter these days. His channel is barely growing and his viewership for non rage bait videos is stuck in the 20k range.

1 Like

Those people don’t really know anything about Xbox or Bethesda games. Spawn Wave guy is a Nintendo guy. Whenever he does a Xbox video and pretend to know what he is talking about, i cringe.

Dreamcastguy should really be called PlayStation guy. I will leave it at that.

MVG is the only one that somewhat knows what he is talking about in terms of Xbox stuff, be it a little.

The rest of the Spawn Cast people don’t really know anything about Xbox. Watching them talk about Xbox is like watching paint dry.

Watched the Starfield Direct again, my god… this game is epic :constellation:.

12 Likes

45 minutes of pure gaming hype. It’s awesome.

5 Likes

My controller should arrive tomorrow and I pre-ordered the Starfield Explorer Bundle. Probably skipping on the CE. I really like the box, but don’t need the watch.

1 Like

Awesome stuff. Not sure if posted yet? Matty was covering it and I took screenshots.

Turns out ID did not help with the combat, they did for Fallout 4, but they did help out with the graphics for Starfield. The part about motion blur is so damn good to read, because proper motion blur makes a world of difference for 30fps games.

Before Zenimax acquisition it had a much earlier release date. Perhaps those insiders were right back then, after all. Really makes you wonder how unfinished, buggy it would have released, and how much cut content.

On QA

GOD, BRING THIS GAME THE FUCK OOOOOOONNNN!

10 Likes

https://v.redd.it/2k1jxqutlp5b1

Oblivion Adoring Fan VA confirmed to be the same in Starfield.

8 Likes

I just couldn’t pass on it and bought the Starfield controller. I don’t need it, but it’s just so cool ! It’s a gorgeous controller. Maybe the best one yet.

8 Likes

At this point I am starting to be a controller hoarder. I have the one that came with the system, a Shock Blue, the 20th anniversary one, an Elite 2, The Duke replica, and ordered the starfield one. And I ordered that 8BitDo arcade stick.

With all my Nintendo Switch online ones ( I have all of them), and my three dualsense controllers my whole coffee table is nothing but controllers.

4 Likes

I cannot wait for the gone gold announcement for this!!!

1 Like

I wonder if the Adoring Fan is just a crazy fan like in Oblivion or he’s pulling a Cicero in Skyrim.

This guy make great Starfield Breakdown videos. I recommend watching if want to learn more about the game.

5 Likes

If you aren’t convinced Starfield can sell consoles, just watch this guy’s attitude as he watches the Starfield Direct.

5 Likes

I’ve seen so many posts and comments saying they weren’t sure or weren’t interested in Starfield until the Direct but now they are ultra hyped. I think it’s hard to overstate how massive Starfield is going to be and that Direct was an absolute masterstroke.

It’s weird, Skyrim was a generation-defining game and obviously it’s still very popular, but it’s old enough at this point that there are plenty of younger gamers who don’t quite get just how big a new BGS release can be.

6 Likes

Been playing Bethesda games since day one. Bought and played and beat TES Arena on pc on launch and Starfield looks amazing. I do hope the writing and quests are imporved from Skyrim which is honestly vapid and badly written. But pretty much every other Besthesda game has been amazing.

3 Likes