Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space!

Hahaha. Yeah, maybe but im not searching 500+ planets just to find that vendor. lol

I’m good with the vendors set to “increased”. Only have an overload of stuff to sell if I do a bunch of missions in a row without selling off anything in between. I am at the end of the base game though but want to get all the “powers” before concluding the base game’s story. Also, have to go through my spread sheet to see if I missed any side quests.

At this point, im kinda just waiting for Shattered Space to get a release date (expecting it at Keighley’s Opening Night Live) so I know exactly what my gaming schedule will be for the last four months of the year.

1 Like

Patch notes for tonight’s update:

5 Likes

My game is updating ! :constellation:

6 Likes

Same. Sorry Persona 3, but this is important!

3 Likes

Riding around in the buggy is too fun. They nailed the “game feel” of it.

9 Likes

Apparently they also silently launched a new… micro expansion? I don’t know what to call it, as I’m not exactly sure what it even is. Sounds like a new side quest, possibly with a new location.

Trapped on a remote starstation, you must solve puzzles and make unlikely allies to escape with untold riches, and your life.

https://creations.bethesda.net/en/starfield/details/1106af41-fac5-431e-aa1a-163b3e5d2892/Escape

8 Likes

it looks like it’s 500 units of whatever they call stuff in creation. Which is $5?

500 creation credits is CAD $6.99, so yeah, USD $4.99 sounds about right. If you buy them in bulk, you can get the cost down a bit. 5,500 credits is CAD $64.99, which comes out to $5.90 per 500.

2 Likes

ok, thanks. I still haven’t used whatever I got “free” but probably at some point will end up buying some of this. Still haven’t actually finished the main game even though I love it and am relatively close to the end (I think). Just have had way too much other stuff…

It’s really cool ! Just buy it at a spaceport and it appears directly outside of your ship when landing. It changes the whole game ! It’s like the mako in Mass Effect, except it’s very useful for exploration !

Also, they can add different vehicles in the future.

6 Likes

Yeah, saw while looking over my installed mods. Installed the community patch and a supposivily improved crowd mod, that uses random faces saved for interactable npc.

They also added more skins for space suits, so we could use a different space suit with a constillation skin.

Other pics.

Edit : and a last one.

4 Likes

I wonder if this increases chances of vehicles in Fallout 5.

I remember years ago Todd saying something about why they didn’t have vehicles in Fallout games. Iirc it was about the engine, but I can’t find the quote right now. But we have a car in Starfield now, so who knows!

2 Likes

Nice. I like that you can paint it. I made mine match my primary ship, dark red and dark grey.

3 Likes

Creation Engine 2 is God tier engine, man. And this buggy proves it.

(Yeah, I know there were Fallout mods with cars but they didn’t run this good)

2 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1825980940222615990

9 Likes

ohhhh, performance modes for series s finally, very nice

2 Likes

Requested 10 days off from work in late September/first week of October for my birthday and for the Starfield Shattered Space expansion. Works out perfectly. Will have to get back to Starfield and wrap up the story as well as getting the remaining 10 powers or so that I need to get before the expansion releases. And I can test out the buggy too. Oh man!!!

6 Likes

I’m incredibly out of practice in Starfield, that I keep pressing the wrong buttons to access things like the menu(I think Morrowind is B to access the menu), constantly punching when I’m trying to crouch and activating the scanner constantly when I don’t want to.

Definitely glad I went with a new character, as I wouldn’t be able to play as well as I did before for a bit.

Also, new creation that’s suppose to be better hair or something is being sold for 100 credits. From stand up against a wall and the character creator menu, I don’t see a difference between that mod and the non nodded hair. The pictures of hair for comparison to the modded hair used seem lower res than what I’m seeing.

Anyone else getting stutters since update esp when driving? On Series X, 30fps mode