Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space!

If you think about how big of a mod that would be… it’d basically be rebuilding the world of every existing ES game lol.

1 Like

A mod like that would take decades to build

1 Like

https://x.com/Jay_Dook/status/1806547683189854247

It’s cool.

Things like Skyblivion still aren’t out despite being in dev for years so yeah, trying to do mods like the above would be a colossal undertaking even if it was actually possible

So all travel is about 25 seconds? How fast is the loading on PC in comparison I wonder? I think this is about the same on Xbox, maybe faster.

Currently at the end of the Crimson Fleet faction quest line and holy shit!! The last two quests are so fucking good. And the Revenant assault rifle that you get from Jasper Kyrx just shreds everything. I sold off the Peacekeeper rifle and a Beowolf (got a better one) rifle that I was using. I’m almost a tank. lol

Ship wise, I have a new reactor that went to 23 bars, a new engine, new shield and upgraded my lasers and missiles to be better. Have to buy 30 modules which will then allow me to max out the starship design skill.

Loving Starfield!!! :joy:

8 Likes

Transition screens would help with the loading screen fatigue, for sure.

I just completed the Entangled mission in the research station - that was absolutely amazing. Just like Peter - loving this.

As a side note - I don’t get why adhesive is so hard to find - you seem to need it for most of the mods / research you do for weapons. It seems like it should be much easier to find as loot, etc. I can’t even get it to show up at Jemison Mercantile any more even if I go wait a day or two.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I needed adhesive or any resources really, I’ve been in my current universe for so long that I don’t remember the last time I was doing any crafting. BUT, what I used to do is keep a list of some resources that I tended to need the most often, and then just always check for and buy them from any and all vendors I interact with. Before long you have a massive stockpile.

For adhesive specifically, it’s pretty easy to just set up a farm on Gagarin and then you’ll have all the adhesive you could ever need.

4 Likes

Looked up that quest but whoa…not up to there yet. lol

But yeah, im loving the game.

For me, it’s Neon and Titanium. I go to every vendor in New Atlantis and other locations and when they have it, I buy it all. Hehe.

1 Like

Lol yep I’m staggered by their patience.

I tried making a rough Thunderbird 2 - using the widest cockpit with huge engines at the back and painting it all green, but it likely only looks remotely like it in my head lol - but I love my big green monster!

6 Likes

For those playing – some of the “lowest” quest tier are amazing. Anything about a secret base or resort or rehab facility – those three are great!

8 Likes
1 Like

What are the expectations or guesses for when we get the buggy (more vehicles?), probably when the expansion drops would be a good time. Hopefully it’s this year.

I’m hoping for August, but could be held till the expansion. My wishlist is that they have a meaningful ‘free’ update either before or at same time as the expansion. Maybe adding robot companion customization similar to Fallout 4?

1 Like

I want Shattered Space!

1 Like

Ok ive got to say it, dont hate me.

How is anyone happy with the level of conversation/script in the game ? Surely EVERYONE notices this ?

Most interactions, all the dialogue is very robotic and cringey. If u put some conversations up against Cyberpunks for example, it really is like 3 outta 10 to a 10/10.

Not trolling, i put about 100 hours into Starfield and like alot of it, but it was this which made me switch off.

1 Like

Listen we all have different opinions, you think Cyberpunk is great, I think it’s alright. I played Cyberpunk for 175 hours and tried to do everything in it I could, but after I was done there wasn’t much I cared about enough to return to the game again.

Starfield though I actually do love and play a lot, I take breaks in between because if I don’t it would be the only game I would play.

1 Like

I think it’s just taste. CP77 has far more emotive performances, sure, but I personally disliked the vast majority of the writing. I don’t find the dialogue in Starfield robotic and cringey.

Different games, different goals, different vibes, different folks.

3 Likes

While the majority probably prefers Cyberpunk’s characters, dialogue and story, (myself included).

That doesn’t mean Starfield’s dialogue was bad or cringe, Starfield was going for more of a grounded sci-fi feel with its script. There’s pros and cons to that. If it works for you, it works for you. If it doesn’t, you’ll probably just find the writing non memorable and mundane.

Like others said, different strokes for different folks.

1 Like