Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space!

Gamers are truly spoiled. You all want 60fps on everything on console?

Series X GPU is 2070 super level equivalent from 2019.

In terms of latest PC GPU specs that is already ancient.

So keep the expectation in check ok lol.

If youā€™re right, itā€™s Bethesda & Microsoft whoā€™ll be in for a very rude awakening when console sales continue to struggle. Something has to drive consumer interest in the flagship hardware next Christmas & it sure as hell wonā€™t be 30 fps console games showcased on PC.

Itā€™s a good thing though that 60 fps has become such a hot issue right now, i.e. with this new generation, people have realized 60 fps is better.

1 Like

If the game itself is good, the 30/60 fps will not matter unless it ruins the playing experience.

Also, Starfield is not some cookie cutter game where the 60 fps can be switched on just like that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I said as much a while back.

1 Like

After now having seen the FF16 State of Play that lasted almost 30 minutes, itā€™s crystal clear to me that 30 minutes is more than enough to show a game. I would even say if the Starfield Direct is 20 to 25 minutes itā€™s more than enough. But it very likely will be 30 minutes.

That will also be the last one I will watch, maybe a launch trailer, but if BGS decides to have much more content leading up to release Iā€™ll pass. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah. Iā€™m not sure I want to see more tbh. I just want to play the game myself.

1 Like

I hope this game has rovers and submarines. Imagine exploring the depth of water planets and facing huge alien monsters.

This channel does a great job to explain starfield and itā€™s components

A good watch

That channel is gone to have so much Starfield ammo to make more content after June direct.

They have been making the same already known stuff since forever. Just shows how huge a game Starfield really is.

1 Like

For starfield yes. Not for redfall.

Starfield will either have a 60fps mode at launch or never get one. And im fine with that.

1 Like

Starfield will have a 60fps on PC same as Redfall. The console are the uncertain part. Redfall 60fps mode is delay. For Starfield im at 50/50 if it will have it on console at launch or come later via update.

No matter. I just want to play the games. Iā€™m not caring so much about graphics and frames as i once used to in my younger days.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve long accepted this too. Not that I wouldnā€™t love a performance mode (with as little visual sacrifice possible) but Iā€™m not expecting it. 30fps it is and hopefully locked. Rdr2 is locked 30fps, never any framedrops and I really donā€™t mind it then.

If Starfield gets a 60FPS mode I expect it to be like 1080P and an unstable 60FPS, Iā€™ll take my better image quality at a consistent 30FPS for that game.

2 Likes

I was talking about consoles. Obviously pc will have any fps you want.

My point was starfield will either have a 60fps at launch because they can get one running on series X or they make a design choice and come out and say it will never have one like Gotham Knights.

I dont believe 60fps mode will be patched later. Its either doable or not. Clearly arkane hasnt gotten enougj time to optimise and their previous work theyve struggled. Starfield has been in development for twice as long so they pretty much know if it can run 60 on x. If not they judt make sure its the best 30fps 4k experience there is.

My only issue with Starfield being 30 is while its a slow ass game where 30 is fine for gameplay youre gonna have a lot of planets or areas where theres very little in terms of objects and with an old creation engine(even if upgraded) we dont know how theyre gonna scale that with a machine like series x.

Microsoft will no doubt help with that.

Arkane and Bethesda game studios arent on the same planet. One studio mskes fairly niche games that are lucky to sell a million the other has had multiple 10m plus selling games in the last couple of decades.

Thats thr thing. If its too unstable they wont add it in.

Also im guessing Arkane had 60fps running on series x but it was far too unstable so they just delayed that patch.

For starfield. They have more resources. If its technically impossible for even a 55-60 fps most of the time. They dont do it

ELlden Ring got away with 55fps average. Starfield probably can as well

But anything below that. No way.

1 Like

I agree, I have no issue with Starfield being 30 FPS

1 Like

Same hereā€¦ It was never about this particular game

It simply has the burden of being the xboxs biggest launch in many year

I will definitely be disappointed because this game should have everything what the hardware promotes to have on it

But I understand that and keep my disappointment limited to the decisions of developer and Xbox support team for the game

I am already planning leaves to play the and will play it day one ( or maybe early launch bundle if available) and will critisise the dev team at the same time

The best middle ground for me is a 40 Fps mode

1 Like

Given what the game is trying to do and how vast it is I have no issue with it being 30 FPS. I canā€™t wait either to play the game and booked the day off work.

It will take some real adjusting to playing it in first person in 30fps though. I expect the combat will be a lot better in third person compared to their previous games, but first person is where the combat undoubtedly still will be the best.