Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space! [NO SPOILERS]

I don’t think this game will be Fallout in space…

So Outer Worlds with actual sci fi and less cringe?

This is probably the most excited I’ve been for a a game I know very little about.

The idea of a new AAA Sci-Fi RPG alone is enough get me hyped. I’m also one of the few who genuinely enjoyed Fallout 4 (which admittedly had some issues), so I can’t wait to see what Bethesda learned from it.

Closer to No Man Sky?

I loved the story of an overwhelming threat from Mass Effect 1. I really hope they go hard on this concept with Starfield. Honestly, I’d love a story that meshed the stories of KOTOR 1 and Mass Effect 1, but much deeper.

1 Like

In what way? Because I want a actual interesting game world and not a empty one. :frowning:

Maybe combat wise, but Howard did say there would be a lot of new systems in the game but still have that BGS DNA in there. So it definitely sounds like something new.

No, I don’t think it will be Fallout the same way Skyrim isn’t Fallout 4. It will have its own unique systems and things that make it unique to that game.

I am thinking it will be “just that” so when it is not, I shall be happy and worst case I shall be happy “I was right” :smiley:

I have no idea. I’m asking questions. I have not paid attention to any news. Just wondering what is the popular speculation about the game.

Its the first new IP from BGS in 25 years and we havent had a proper sci fi game in ages.

F76 is absolutely not a good game. It’s playable now yes.

Disagree

The game is pretty good at what it set out to do. It was never a mainline fallout game and with wastelander and subsequent updates it has only gotten better.

Saying its not good is disingenuous

It’s one thing if you don’t care for The Outers Worlds stylistically, but to apply the descriptor “cringe” is not a quality take, and that is about as nice a way as I can put it.

2 Likes

Outer Worlds has cringy dialogue and situation at times and I dont think thats something that can be denied.

That totally can be denied because, like so many things that trip people up in online discussions, it’s totally subjective.

A thing that makes you cringe doesn’t necessarily make someone, or anyone else cringe.

I never cringed while playing The Outer Worlds. From the very start, it was obvious that the writing was on the nose satire in a darkly comedic style. I quite like that & so enjoyed my time with the game.

In the same way I never cringed while playing Andromeda, although I’m sure a few people would say they did.

I cringed while playing The Last of Us part 2. I cringed so hard I was scared I might hurt myself. I rolled my eyes so much, my eyeballs nearly popped out of my head. That was my experience though. Someone else would deny there was anything wrong with that story, it’s situations or dialogue.

4 Likes

It has one of the best open world map ever done for variety, extension and density of things to do. The launch problems are almost gone aside from a general jankyness typical of Creation Engine games. If the game would have launched 1 year later, it would have a much better critic score and public reception, which is mainly based on the 2018 game, which is no more.

2 Likes

A Vats style system would be cool for spacecraft battles.

1 Like

The map is that good eh? Man I really should just boot it up again for that alone.

Its not disingenuous. Game was absolute trash, barebones and broken at launch. They might have polished it up a bit and made it into the game they wanted it to…but it still falls short of their own high standards set. I don’t care if its not supposed to be a normal Fallout…its just a mediocre game all round. They should never make another game like this. IT was an experimental failure. Stick to what you’re good at.

Its a boring ass world and you’re making it out to be some sort of masterpiece.

The launch problems aren’t gone. Technical bugs sure…but its still an uninspired boring structure of a game with absolutely little to no narrative focus.

You can all defend it all you want. Bethesda tried to scam people with this game. I won’t forget the launch for this game. IT was horrendous. If they hadn’t been bought by MS. I would have no faith in anything they do anymore. Hopefully MS make sure another FO76 never ever happens.