Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space! [NO SPOILERS]

Yep!

I am fine with optional settlement stuff, but please let there be some awesome, detailed and worthwhile to explore towns, city(ies), that you would expect there to be. I fell in love with Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 because of the great game world. Just great locations to visit, this is BGS’s strength.

1 Like

Yeah agreed as well I, generally speaking rather like the Bethesda Formula, I just lament that their overall story, and side-quest writing is nowhere near as good as their environmental storytelling. I miss better positive and negative traits and… Ugh I typed loads out here, but lets just say, I would dearly ove them to lean a little more on RPG stuff. You can have it still be “simple” and have better conversations and effects from high/low SPECIAL stats.

I’d say I dont doubt settlements would be in given 4 and 76, and I think they would be amazing if its actually more akin to setting up a colony, but I fear it will just be Space Preston Garvey constantly popping up to tell you to build new houses out of 200 year old house pieces.

1 Like

You just reminded me about one of my favourite terrible things in Fallout 4, the way certain quest givers would lock you into an infinite loop of no escape once you accepted that first little side mission.

Man, I hope they don’t do that again :laughing:

But yeah, I’d love to see some more RPG this time around. Some more numbers. Major & Minor Skills. Stuff like that.

Totally, I can see why devs and publishers do it, it can get needlessly complex, and its kinda nice to have a game where you don’t feel compelled to check and second guess every point or trait, but its gone too far, they can keep it simple and add a little more of whats makes these games personal.

1 Like

Bethesda is known for their world building and interesting branching side quests. Skyrim is not known for it’s not so great story but the games all have a main quest to follow and is decent enough.

Settlement will probably return because it’s additional content not necessary content. You probably can ignore it. Exploration has always been the biggest factor of those games. Discovering sidequests, hidden secrets etc.

2 Likes

hzOpDUql

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lorefield/comments/n80h78/a_so_far_comprehensive_analysis_of_the_starfield/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

1 Like

This is easily becoming one of my most anticipated games ever.

5 Likes

Thanks for linking that video, it was very informative and a good breakdown of the image. It was actually much more informed than I expected from a YouTube video.

4 Likes

Something like Star Trek would be amazing

1 Like

This game is so well kept

Don’t even know if it’s a fps or tps

If the recent Fallout games are to go by, it’ll be a hybrid.

For a game which we don’t know what it actually is, same. Can’t remember being this hyped for the concept of a game.

5 Likes

I have my own grumpy thoughts about Bethesda in recent years but I am too, very excited for the promise. VERY EXCITED.

1 Like

There hasent really been a space explorer game with the story and attention to detail as a Bethesda game, so as long as these things remain at the Bethesda standard, I will love this game. I hope the ship is detailed and customisable, ut would also be call if you are chilling in your ship cruising somewhere and random events happen like your computer alerting you for some rare fuel crystall, or alien ship in distress etc.

1 Like

Im kinda expecting it to be like fallout in space, so like in fallout 4 there is a vast range of technology levels and cultures.

This is BY FAR the game I’m most hyped for of all the announced games. Bethesda’s games are unparalleled when it comes to world building and exploration, so to think about exploring space and all that encompasses, it should be special. I really hope that Bethesda knocks it out of the park.

1 Like

This game has to be the most hyped in terms of people not knowing anything about it.

I get it but rather than people speculating about when it’s coming out…let’s see what it is. We have no idea what type of game this is. We’ve seen nothing except a couple of uninventful leaked images on what thus game is.

All for hyping a gsme but this one seems to be hyped purely based on devs

I have an idea on what this game can be…but I’m hugely skeptical as well given the nature of bethesda over the past 5 years.

1 Like

I would be very ok with that, but hopefully with a return to more RPG elements. And I wouldn’t mind a similar to VATS kind of thing, I love VATS.

1 Like

People are hyped because contrary to what people have been led to believe … BGS are kings of RPG’s with a stellar track record beyond their one online venture in F76 which has turned around into a good game.

4 Likes