Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space! [NO SPOILERS]

Think one of the most underrated aspects of Fallout games is the actual OST in the game that gets kinda forgotten cause people be blasting the radio for the classic tunes.

I know what you mean. Not here though, at times I have the radio on, but when it all comes down to it nothing beats the BGM.

Dang I downloaded a mod specifically for 30years music hahah

After that latest BGS tweet and what seemed to be a legit leaked screenshot (turned out to be fake) I kinda thought the train for Starfield was starting. But we even had to temper our expectations for anything Starfield before summer and even that was a “if”. I think Jeff Grubb was the one that said it. Starfield in the summer if it’s ready. I don’t see anything as a given yet.

Starfield on its way

If Starfield is to come out this year, it needs to release atleast 10 days after Halo. Let Halo release early November, and let Starfield come out late November (maybe even last day of November).

He has new info?

I am expecting 3rd person Fallout in Space.

Exploration, building small settlements on planets, using mechs to mine for stuff or combat.

Maybe encounter an alien race? Hopefully story is good and there’s space traversal (upgrading your ship and going planet to planet).

Even if they do indeed reveal it this E3, it can still be a early 2022 release. I hope this holiday or hell, give it to us in August, haha, but probably won’t happen.

Settlements hopefully is a optional thing. I hope for many handcrafted locations like a city or cities and smaller towns or however you would call that in space haha.

But handcrafted stuff by BGS is where they shine.

It will be interesting to compare to Outer Worlds.

Starfield Is much more ambitious

1 Like

I’m honestly not expecting Bethesda to change up their formula too much for Starfield. People called Fallout 3 “Elder Scrolls with guns” & I expect “Elder Scrolls in space” here.

I know that comes across as reductive but I don’t mean it as a dig. I love Bethesda’s formula & I think they improve it with each new game, so it’s all good.

I do think that expanded settlement building would fit Starfield’s setting. Wouldn’t be surprised if that takes an even bigger focus here than in Fallout 4.

2 Likes

This would be fine with me! But I can’t forget the fact that this is Howard’s dream game. I can’t help but feel there has to be something special. Hope you’re wrong about settlement stuff, hope the focus isn’t too big on that. Give me a awesome and fun game world to explore, handcrafted stuff.

Hopefully they can go back to having more RPG systems in there.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the settlement stuff either but it is popular, I don’t see them dropping it after one game & I just think it would work in a setting where the player is exploring different planets. Maybe even if it was home bases on a couple of different “main” planets, which we would then return to & build bigger as the game progresses? Even something along those lines.

& yeah, I would also enjoy something a little bit more “spreadsheet” with regards to RPG systems. Todd seems to want to stay away from that kind of thing though, so we can only wait & see.

What I might say might come off as dumb cuz I haven’t played a single BGS game yet, but having seen them from a distance all these years, I just want Starfield to be very unique. And by that I mean I don’t want it to be Elite, Star Citizen, No Man’s Sky, System Shock or Prey. The only thing that can differentiate Starfield from the rather bloated space exploration genre right now is the story and characters and whatever Bethesda can do with the RPG system, the gameplay can be serviceable at best but the story, writing and world design should be top notch. I don’t care for crafting, settlements and all that if there isn’t a good story and characters and a decent enough RPG experience at the heart of it all. CP2077’s gameplay was decent, nothing THAT great, but the characters and story was strong enough to keep me playing for 60-70 hrs and complete the game and like it enough.

Bethesda HAS to bring something new to the table with Starfield. So really looking forward to the reveal at E3 time.

I dont really think Bethesda has to bring anything “new” to the table with Starfield aside from polish. They have a formula and it works super well.

If its Fallout/Elder Scrolls in Space Ill gladly take it and be on my way. If it has aliens Im already loving it more than Outer Worlds.

1 Like

Kinda feel like somebody needs to warn you not to expect anything special in terms of story :laughing:

I love The Elder Scrolls but for me it’s strengths are exploration in wonderful big worlds, looting dungeons, crafting awesome gear, different character builds, etc… Multiple faction questlines, side quests everywhere, many different problems to solve for many different people. Massive timesinks where you don’t even need to do the main story!

Like, for the love of god don’t go in expect or hoping for anything even close to The Witcher, for example.

1 Like

oh I quit Witcher 3 cuz the gameplay was TOO bad to further endure through it lololol

But yeah as you said, wonderful big worlds, factions, questlines are all what I’m looking forward to the most. I guess Story is something I should simply expect from games like ME instead, and even that franchise has been eroded now. :frowning:

Either way, touchwood lol, hope Starfield gon be banger, it’ll set the stage for Xbox if it is.

1 Like

It will start with

*Hey, you. You’re finally awake…"

3 Likes