Starfield is now the most wishlisted game on Steam

11 Likes

Loving it

After Harry Potter, an established franchise, it’s time for Starfield to rise.

2 Likes

You best be believing in Bethesda Game Studios

5 Likes

Just a reminder that THIS is the biggest game of the year. Don’t let other people fool you.

13 Likes

Serious question: It’s been a while since I cared about PC gaming, but is wishlisting something different nowadays?

4 Likes

My prediction:

Over 1 million players on Steam on launch day alone.

3 Likes

If the do a good marketing campaign and a good PC port I also think it has the potential to go toe to toe against Behemoths like Elden Ring, HL and Cyberpunk.

Bethesda games are massive on PC.

2 Likes

Yes, Starfield number 1 wishlist with no release date or maketing yet. It gone to sell like hotcakes. Might do 10 million in 1 week.

2 Likes

Fallout 4 did 12 million in a day, Hogwarts Legacy did that in 2 weeks. Wonder what Starfield does with Game Pass and Cloud.

7 Likes

it tends to help with marketing on steam, the more wishlists a game gets the more featured they are, it’s why indies always ask for people to wishlist their game.

It is skipping PS though, I can see it going either way, Hogwarts Legacy is based off a known big IP so hard to say if it would beat it and frankly it really doesn’t matter because even if it got closed to that game with a whole platform missing is huge.

3 Likes

It will be really curious, anecdotal but definitely the game I see mentioned a lot even in random conversations (outside of our nice nerd zeitgeist). “Skyrim and fallout guys new game is coming out this year”

2 Likes

Starfield sales will be comparable to Fallout 4. Lifetime I think will be even higher.

The player base will be highest ever for a BGS game (except maybe Skyrim because that game is crazy).

2 Likes

Ah, that makes a little bit more sense. Thanks.

Its going to have bigger audience on PC. Bethesda games do really well on PC especially due to the mod tools and community. PC players are going to lap it up a huge canvas like Starfield.

1 Like

Stay out of his territory

todd

5 Likes

Shit, each time I see this game mentioned either in a thread or a new thread my first thought is…here’s the delay news.

Yesterday when someone posted that Bethesda tweet About Shinji Mikami for a second I thought it was exactly that, because they used that black box for the first delay news too, lmao. I need to calm myself.

I do dread the possibility of seeing that tweet though, ngl.

If it helps remember that they haven’t given a new release date yet for the game so I doubt even if the game wasn’t coming out before June there wouldn’t be any official “delay news” they would just announce whatever the release date is when they are ready to

2 Likes

I think a floor of 50-60 million players in its lifetime is reasonable. And before anyone thinks thats ridiculous, thats only double Sea of Thieves.

Of course if Elder Scrolls 6 is further away than expected, raise it to 75-100m

1 Like