Starfield is now the most wishlisted game on Steam

Yeah good point. But technically anything beyond June is a delay, since they said first half 2023. :slight_smile:

But you’re right, they likely won’t do it like that again.

1 Like

I think TES6 will reach close to 100 million lifetime

5 Likes

So do i!

Cant wait for Starfield!

5 Likes

Could be the first true system seller for Xbox in 15 years.

1 Like

It’s going to be fascinating to watch. I’m positive Starfield will be a system seller in America (it’s already pretty rare to find a Series X on a store shelf). Once Starfield drops, I’m guessing most markets will have to wait for any Series X restocks as demand over here will need to be met. I don’t think there will be a scalper frenzy (like with the launch year because I can see people buying a $600 PC rather than pay inflated scalper prices on a Series X) but I also think Series S is not the preferred gamer console over here, so it’s time for Series X to shine.

Forza Horizon has been a system seller as much as people like to downplay racing games, I guess it could be said Starfield will be the first that only the hardcore would consider a GOTY contender.

6 Likes

More importantly I see Starfield as being a Series X seller. Series S is more of a ‘Game Pass machine’.

1 Like

If Starfield is going to be that great that it’s a system seller I don’t think it matters, if Series X is out of stock people would just get a Series S instead I think, if the game is truly a wow you must play. I think the coming games are for sure going to kick off some better sales numbers for them as they haven’t had a big push since late 2021ish with FH5/Halo, this year will be bigger than the FH5/Halo combo that’s for sure.

1 Like

It won’t change how good the game will actually be, but Starfield will 100% be affected in terms of game/console sales as well as reviews scores and award opportunities because of the ramped up state of the console wars right now,

1 Like

I don’t think review score matter that much anymore. There have been plenty of 5-6 or 7 review score game that i enjoy more than the 8 and 9 review score game.

Playerbase number and how well it doing should be judge on more than a opinion review score.

Starfield can be a 7 or 8 for example but sold 20-30 million in like 3-5 years, i bet you the Dev’s and Pub’s would take the sales over the review score anyday of the week. People are to caught up in reviews score / game awards nowdays.