Starfield could be the best game ever made - it won't change how this industry talks about Xbox

:dart:

This really isn’t a Sony issue exactly, it’s an issue with insecure toxic people in general. Those types of people will gravitate towards the platform that allows them to be toxic. The media then caters to these type just for pure revenue/clicks sake and it just feeds on itself.

Quite honestly who the heck has the time to play all of these games anyway? I assure you a great number of people spouting “Well Xbox doesn’t have XYZ games have never even played the games they are talking about.”

PlayStation feeds off toxicity

8 Likes

Yep I did a similar thing in 2013, it is a shame cause this hobby would be more fun socially and to follow it closely but we have a situation where Sony and Sony fans have been trained to always be on the offensive and gaming media is trained to feed off the clicks of these nutty Sony fans that have been raised by Sony’s marketing to be tribal and aggressive towards anything they think might even threat Sony’s huge market share.

I’m very thankful for Xbox Era cause at least I can go SOMEWHERE on the internet and talk about Xbox without e trolled or shit on by Sony fans. It is though very tiring and very draining to keep dealing with it and in the end it is fine to ignore it all. I used to go to TeamXbox alot before it got bought up by IGN and Xbox Era is a great new home.

If Xbox fans could detach from all the crap and just focus on Xbox and how awesome the eco system is and the type of value we are given you’d see we have it pretty sweet and regardless of the media or fanboys it is truly the best gaming platform and that is BEFORE Bethesda gets rolling and BEFORE ACTI/Blizzard comes on board.

Add all that up and for the most part you can safely just game on Xbox and ignore the rest and ignore the tiring fanboy crap.

One other thing to consider, so the Media and Trolls and fans are really harsh on Xbox, and while that can suck at times since Xbox listens we get actual improvements to the eco system and a much better customer experience. I’m also confident because of the criticism Xbox is always under they will deliver great hardware and services and not make a ton of previous mistakes.

For Sony the Media, Sony trolls and alot of gaming fans ALWAYS give Sony a pass for fuckups and anti consumer behavior. With Sony people always say they are just being smart about business and makes excuses for crap like denying EA play, Fighting Cross play, not having good BC with older gens the list goes on with things Sony fucks up that people ignore.

So because Sony always gets a pass the actual Sony gamers get a worse experience because not only does Sony NOT listen to it’s customers, the fans and media give them an out whenever they fuck things up.

So while at times it does suck Xbox is always under an unfair microscope and Sony always gets a pass our experience ends up being better then Sony’s because of it.

When that is the case who gives a fuck if Sony sells more hardware to their nut job zealot fanbase that would buy a box of shit if it had a Sony label on it.

12 Likes

I actually came back to the scene because of the lead up to the new hardware launches and found myself lurking on OtherEra. The experience there was incredibly frustrating, but it did result in me finding out about this place and I haven’t looked back since.

Even then, this place has, at times, been a bit frustrating since so many people feel the need to grab the disingenuous click bait console war bullshit and post it here. But, for the most part this community has been great and I haven’t felt the need to ghost the scene again, which is nice.

I just wish everyone behaved differently because I would love to read gaming sites and consume superfluous youtube content, but the constant double standards and outrage chasing makes it almost impossible to enjoy.

12 Likes

Yea it sucks but Xbox is better for it overall and if we can carve out our own community like it is here we can still enjoy other parts of gaming.

7 Likes

While I generally agree, I’ll admit that the Redfall nonsense almost broke me. I’ve never been more flabbergasted by the gaming media and community and I truly felt like throwing up my hands and walking away again.

8 Likes

Yea at times you may need to just walk away to save your sanity, the great part is Xbox is there to actually just play games, paying attention to the internet scene in gaming is 100% not needed to enjoy the games.

6 Likes

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing. I stopped watching all gaming related youtube content (most of it sucks anyway, so not a big loss if I’m being honest), and I don’t engage with Twitter anyway, so I’m safe from that. And podcasts are also out. Don’t need to hear the same stuff being talked about to death.

I’ve been filling my “need something on in the background” void with speedruns and tech videos. :smile:

6 Likes

The thinly veiled shot at Sony’s lineup and how basically you have to be one to win a GOTY “at the Keighley’s” couldn’t be further from the truth but ok……

Not gonna say much else about this, don’t want my post hidden…just had to point that one out though.

3 Likes

LOL….

1 Like

I don’t think I was taking a shot at Sony specifically, I was merely saying there’s typically a certain type of game that gets a higher chance of a shot at GOTY.

14 Likes

„One type of game” from Sony is as big a myth as Xbox focuses on fpp GAAS.

Sony just happens to make a lot of these types of games, but yeah they’re not the only ones.

Games with a heavy focus on narrative (often to the detriment of gameplay) award better. That’s not really a conspiracy imo, just history. And yeah, it helps when the game is also a third person action adventure.

A game like rdr2 would fall in that same category, for example.

8 Likes

What’s toxic about this video. ? It was a funny and justified shot at the competition. It’s not even mean.

3 Likes

Agree with the premise though I feel it will ridiculed on other sites most sites do review Xbox games well when they’re good like for Halo Infinite Hi FI Rush and Horizon 5

It feeds into console wars.

1 Like

That’s like saying pricing your console at $399 when the competition is at $499 feeds into console wars….

Not the same.