Starfield could be the best game ever made - it won't change how this industry talks about Xbox

That person had it out for Xboxera. He was really riled up about Jon’s video and clipped that segment just to troll and it worked. Too many people fell for the bait(while ignoring that he got Nick’s name wrong) and it’s sad. Sad to see so many journalists instead of using their thinking skills immediately going to shit on Xboxera. The same things that they would call out people for they did. I don’t expect everyone to agree with the points that the team have brought up but for goodness sake at least respect it.

4 Likes

Hardly any journalists in gaming media. Entertainment media is less serious about journalistic standards in general but gaming is the worst. It’s actually crazy how low the bar is for writers and websites in this space.

6 Likes

Kinda answered your own question. lol

Lol that was my point.

2 Likes

RROD was considered a major issue. No one in my country wanted a non jasper and after 360 model.

My country is Sony land but back then Xbox had a chance but dropped the ball: if they didn’t face those issues or charged less for online, they could have gained momentum and split the market with Sony.

It took a long while for everyone to jump on the PS3 bandwagon even when PS1 and PS2 were a monopoly.

1 Like

Some of ya’ll gotta let that go. Literally, John Linneman two weeks ago:

The Xbox One era was the only time he said he didn’t like Xbox.

4 Likes

So I caught up with the XNC podcast (after a self-imposed two week break), and Colteastwood and MiddleAgedGamerGuy had a bit to discuss about Starfield and how various outlets “balance” articles so that appeals to many different readers at the same time.

Nick’s opinion was referenced in this part of the podcast. MAGG mentioned how negativity sells, so in reviewing Starfield, a reviewer might mark Starfield as 80%, but in writing their piece, focus most of their review on the negative 20%.

Both Colt and MAGGS look at GameRant, and their various articles with their incendiary heading, all done as clickbait.

“Starfield’s loss is a gain for…”

Outer Worlds 2? Naughty Dog’s Sci-fi game?

Queued at the 1 hr mark, where the discussion starts, and goes on to 1 hr 38 minute mark.

Sorry but you really can’t walk this back, especially if you are in a position to judge console platforms on a highly viewed channel.

Saying the quiet part out loud like this pretty much destroys his credibility in talking about anything Xbox related.

Sadly this is how a lot of Media types seem to feel about Xbox and we see it plainly in articles and click bait crap.

12 Likes

Yes, you can walk it back. It’s called growing up.

1 Like

wake me up when that guy finally uploading the Psychonaut 2 analysis video on the DF channel.

6 Likes

A lot of people don’t grow up though. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, lets not do this. I said stupid shit 10 years ago too. Nick said stupid shit like, yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue:

19 Likes

Pretty sure he already walked back on it not that long ago, if I recall right he said that he was getting badgered by some people which made him respond with that angry message: It was a mistake and he no thinks that way about Microsoft. unfortunately I don’t have those posts on hand.

Edit: sorry replied to the wrong post

1 Like

So we can certainly remove this from pointing fingers at a particular person if he actually addressed it directly and gave an explanation for his comments. I never saw anything like that but if others says he did then that is fine

I however think though it just points out what we are kind of seeing now, a lot of media types have grown up as Sony fans and thought MS was intruding on their industry, when the reality is MS has been in gaming far longer then Sony.

I also remember when Sega left the console business Sony fans acted like they won the lottery. A lot of Sony fans and this includes the media as well do not want competition. They want a ONE console world where only Sony is the choice and any other consoles are just a nuisance to them.

Their is some combo of Sony marketing, the age of these people as to when they started gaming, and the tribal nature that Sony fans seem to exude that really make it difficult for Xbox to have a reasonable social media presence and Xbox fans to actually be able to enjoy their consoles without the trolling and doom and gloom.

When you combine this all and add in a profit motive to cater to click happy Sony fanboys that seem to live and thrive off of negative Xbox news you are actually now starting to see the facts behind WHY Xbox always gets shit on and gets no benefit of the doubt while Sony gets to skate on brand loyalty pretty much forever regardless of how anti consumer they become.

2 Likes

Yeah and people views change as they grow up. Makes me think of a quote i read in a Sanderson book.

Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing.

I agree that there are a lot of loud people on the internet that try to diminish everything xbox does and prop up everything Sony does big or small.

I also remember people celebrating Sega leaving the console hardware business and even though I was relatively young then I couldn’t understand why they were celebrating less competition. I think those people need to be reminded again about the original price point of the PS3 because its a decent example of what a company would try to do if they don’t think they are competing anymore.

1 Like

Just ran across a GamesRadar article titled “Sony simply showing up at the Playstation showcase will keep Xbox on the ropes”. And people wonder why we complain about the coverage of Xbox. :smile:

11 Likes

Way too many written “opinions” now a days with very little actual reporting, little curious as to their reasoning but not enough to actually open that “article”

5 Likes

Yeah, I gave up on giving any gaming sites my clicks years ago. Every time I see an absurd headline like that I feel vindicated in my opinion that I’ve made the right choice.

1 Like

Media bias against Xbox doesn’t exist

13 Likes