Starfield and Redfall delayed to first half of 2023

Starfield is the next big Bethesda game so im sure they want to make it the best game it can be. It’s nice they’re getting extra time to polish it up though.

11 Likes

Welp, this hurts. I mean I respect it, but pain. Guess I’ll have more time for the backlog this year, at least.

2023 is gonna be an insane year though. Just got to power through.

4 Likes

Unbelievable.

They better stack this year with third party AAA GamePass titles

2 Likes

This is the wider issue.

I don’t mind Starfield in and of itself getting delayed.

MS not having fucking any major 1st party games for like 12-18 months post Halo is the issue here.

7 Likes

That means we don’t need deep dive for both games for this year’s showcase. Sure, a long trailer like Halo Infinite 2020 but that’s it. In a way, that makes room for more games to showcase.

1 Like

Lol, first half drought has ended

11 Likes

All 2022 drought started tho.

2 Likes

Definitely would rather see Starfield take the time it needs and launch right, glad they’ve bit the bullet and gotten this news out now rather than waiting till later. Still though, I really hope Microsoft has other stuff planned for this year or it’s gonna be real quiet.

1 Like

I think people will need to reassess what they think will be released in 2023. These two titles being pushed into 2023 probably means other titles being pushed out again. Makes no sense for MS to dump out all these games in a single year.

Obviously, I hope whatever delays there are result in less crunch etc but man does this news suck.

2 Likes

huge bummer, i’m fiending for a Bethesda proper game…

1 Like

I really just don’t get it…

During E3 Todd made it clear he was certain about the release date, he said he wouldn’t announce it this far off if he wasn’t certain. And he doubled down on that later in the year to Ryan from IGN.

After what Jason said…who even knows if the game is ready in the first half at all. Just very disappointed. Really thought we wouldn’t see this.

9 Likes

I wonder if Phil will address this. I’m not saying delay is bad but what led to it.

1 Like

This really sucks, but I suspect Covid played a part. Having just Forza Motorsport won’t be enough, that type of game only appeals to a small audience, certainly not casual. I’m assuming MS will attempt to get a big third party game on gamepass this fall.

1 Like

Maybe Contraband & that Josh Sawyer game drops this year or hell maybe Avowed get a suprise drop this year in place of Starfield ill be ok if that happen

2 Likes
1 Like

Well, people at MS just got back to the office, so you can say it has something to do with it. Still, it’s a shame that this led to many delays for many developers.

1 Like

This has me worried. But it’s good that it’s getting more time. I assume with the next Cyberpunk they mean full of bugs and just not ready to ship by any means?

First half of 2023, not committing to a concrete date this time. Let’s just hope it won’t slip further.

1 Like

Cyberpunk is a lesson to everyone. Plus, I’ll bet for them, they had 76 launch in mind as well. If Bethesda was like back then, the game would be out this year but the toll could be heavy.

It stinks but I’m glad we have an Xbox willing to delay games that need it. This will hopefully allow both dev studios to show their vision of each title in the fullest.

6 Likes
6 Likes