Square Enix Presents announced. A Digital-Direct showcasing new upcoming Square Enix games (March 18th)

I kinda hope this new Tomb Raider is a reboot with a new look and gameplay elements.

I’d LOVE a new Deus Ex game.

3 Likes

He seems to love to tease.

Another reboot?:skull::rofl:

Haha why not? The trilogy is complete so something new would be nice.

1 Like

Hmm in what way?

The event is already trending big way on Twitter. Did I miss some big announcements, or are people just overhyping themselves ?

1 Like

Probably overhype, because with the crazy week - this and last and in general - a lot of communities from Playstation and Xbox side expect huge announcements for their platforms.

1 Like

Yeah, that makes sense, I already saw many people expecting something with Final Fantasy, or remakes of several old games.

I’m hyped for Life is Strange 3. Trying not to get my hopes up about megatons from this show aside from that.

I hope LIS 3 is a new story and better than LIS 2 also LOOKS much better.

1 Like

The actress for Lara is done. So the next game will probably be a reboot or soft reboot or a big departure from the trilogy. It has to be.

I think there is still a lot of the mythology and nostalgy left to explore. Maybe they could go back to bigger tombs like the levels from the old games with multiple locations. I would like less backtracking and more exploring, puzzles, platforming and combat.

2 Likes

Stream is here. Live in 3 hours.

2 Likes

Deus Ex pls

Tell me Why visually was a significant step up from LiS2, so I expect at least on that level. I just hope it can go back to the first game more, because 2 wasn’t all that. The brothers were cool, but some really stupid happenings in the story that I just didn’t care about either. LiS and BTS are by far my favorites.

New Eidos Montreal game could be that, they made those games if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

I think Tomb Raider needs a break. The trilogy is finished and I dont think many gamers are looking for another one anytime soon (when I mean many gamers its my own bubble :p)

I suspect people should dial their expectations waaaay down lol

Yup! LIS 3 should be cool though.

OH don’t worry, zero expectations here. I am curious what the Eidos Montreal game will be, but I bet it will be CG anyway.

it’s not Eidos Montreal in that list though, it’s SE Montreal, the studio that made the Tomb Raider and Hitman GO games. So I’d expect something mobile/lower scope stuff from them. Eidos Montreal is not in the list given but might turn up, who knows?