Square Enix and Xbox

Even before Game Pass SE didn’t bother to port games to Xbox. Fault are on both sides. SE don’t care to raise a fanbase on Xbox and Xbox for releasing the Xbox One almost 1 year later in Japan. From 2013-2017 we had, at most, 5 new JRPGs on Xbox.

And not everyone has the money or want to own two consoles. SE are a billion dollar company, not some indie developer. You should expect their games on every major platform.

1 Like

Moreover this is becoming old after seeing ID@Xbox exploding in Japan, with more indies than ever before on the platform, even more than 360 gen, which was heavier on publisher deals. SE is simply the usual risk averse / greedy company which wants some “juice”.

Also the “I’ll wait for GP” on other platforms is “I’ll wait for a sale”, it’s not like people buy games only on day one, lol.

Ultimately, it’s all bs regarding FF14, big games sell well everywhere including Xbox, there is clearly some smoke here.

1 Like

According to Windows Central, talks are proceeding reasonably well, but nothing concrete to announce.

A discussion for a 11 year old game. They didn’t have the interest or the “resource” to release FF14 in this time frame.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t buy this shit for the 24th time since a very long time ago, there are 2-3 yearly “why FF14 is not on Xbox” interviews, it’s become a joke, lol.

3 Likes

I believe Sony has some contract in place, and they keep renovating it.

The way he said it seemed that he had no problem with it and it being on PC it wouldn’t be such a jump to port it to Xbox.

My take is that Sony is holding it hostage, like almost everything on Square’s side.

1 Like

It’s highly likely there is some Sony interference.

2 Likes

I was shot down very quickly when I said this yesterday . :phil_lmao:

I think it’s Microsoft with their stone age patch control process and Gold for paid games.

Not by me. XD

I find cheap believing it’s only because of Xbox policies like they want us to believe.

Because it’s on Microsoft sides. You can’t relase a hotfix if a problem is in place. Plus FF14 is a subscription based game. To play this game on Xbox you have to pay gold + ff14. Bad look.

Elder Scrolls Online had issue with constantly crashing of the game on the Series consoles. They couldn’t release a hotfix because their was a time frame to deliver the patch to the control process. So the Xbox players had to wait 1 week for a patch.

1 Like

Nah, there’s something way bigger in play here, this feels just like the FF7R remake situation.

Sony is clearly behind this as they’ve been behind every FF game.

1 Like

Why would SE care about MS’s image ?

I think this could scare off potential customers because they don’t want to pay 2 subscriptions to play FF14.

Wouldn’t this leaked by now like FF7R exclusivity extension ?

Has that been leaked? I thought it was just conjecture from people.

Don’t know, I thought someone leaked it. :doge:

Anyways if we look at others games like the Mana series and both of their new games Dungeon Encounter and Voice of Cards, they are skipping Xbox as well. SE are weird even without Sony’s money.

I believe integrade had additional timing and with integrade out why would u get the regular one

Yeah sure, but that wasn’t leaked, it’s just a guess and common sense.

I think we’ve got plenty of evidence that Sony just loves to secure FF by now, XIV shouldn’t be different.

I personally believe if they were under contract to not bring this game to Xbox they would respond to the questions differently.