Square Enix and Xbox

I feel like the threat of a console version of WoW might have been a good bargaining chip for these discussions.

Yeah, but have those “fans” liked a FF since X?

Yes and most of the complaints I’ve seen about FF16 are pretty reasonable.

2 Likes

FF16 is a very enjoyable and fun game. Most complains are that it could be called anything beside FF. that was already the case for XV, which got the FF name late in its making. Before it was only a spin off.

To be clear, I’m not talking about people like yourself, who don’t like the action-oriented direction SE went with. More those who post links to articles/tweets to highlight negative technical aspects of that game (resolution), or the graphical shortcomings of Zelda.

Oh yea, I know what you mean, there’s always going to be people like that on both sides, downplaying something more because of them not being able to play it than actually having problems with it

I see a lot of people on Twitter surprised by this, I’d be more surprised if se continued their previous strategy after ABK goes through. They definitely have analysts that calculate how big an impact will ABK games on gamepass have, and I imagine it’s massive, hard to justify getting x amount of dollars from Sony to miss out on Xbox and PC money. I’ve seen many people in this forum repeat that it will be harder and harder for Sony to moneyhat such massive games and they’ve been right.

1 Like

Yeah ABK going through probably signals to thr industry Xbox cant be ignored anymore. This is one of the indirect benefits of the ABK purchase

10 Likes

And yet people wanted them to bail the deal.

4 Likes

It also let courts show their true selves, you can be monopolistic as you wish as long as you don’t buy companies. Sony could have paid way less than MS to make COD exclusive and it would have been fine.

MS knows they have a free liscense to moneyhat everything

Not really. I already played part 1 on ps5 but avent touched intergrade. Would buy it on xbox and then wait. I rather play part 2 and 3 together anyway.

Why does this feel like going on a date with another dudes girlfriend and then posting it on instagram?

2 Likes

Final Fantasy XVI is a great game in my opinion but I can understand why it’s seen as a disappointing Final Fantasy game. Out of the 9 games that I have completed this year, rating wise, it’s an 8.5/10 overall and tied with 4 other games but ranking wise, it’s #6 on my list.

Combat/gameplay is just too easy, simplistic and basic. It’s also a one button mashing QTE fest with also holding R2 and pressing square/triangle to use the Eikon abilities. If anything, it’s more of a Devil May Cry style game than a Final Fantasy game.

I easily prefer Final Fantasy VII Remake over XVI and am way more hyped and excited for Rebirth than I ever was for XVI. To each their own though.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1687364767403638784

Operating income: -78.5%

Forspoken und FF16 exclusivity is really paying off :person_shrugging:

no wonder there is a new CEO

8 Likes

I do hope he leaves NFT at the very least because that itself will hurt them further, let alone already being a dead fad.

1 Like

oh right, he is (was hopefully) one of those.

Be like Sega and have second thought.

2 Likes

Sow the breeze and reap the whirlwind.

Say it with me Square;

1 Like

That Xeet doesnt seem to be loading, but found the info also here: Investor Relations|SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD. and here – Company Announcement - FT.com

1 Like

It makes sense for them to have a new CEO and let him clean off the remaining titles under old CEO regime. Similar to Sony, only it’s a little of opposite effect in terms of direction, not necessarily on sales/profit since they’re still solid in that.

1 Like