[Spoilers] Starfield Story Discussion

I know it’s a spoiler thread but just in case

If you play through enough times you will eventually get a double of yourself in one universe and you can even recruit them to your ship.

It has changed to various different people in my play throughs. Not dependant on who dies though as after the first play through no one has to die

1 Like
1 Like

That was such a cool thing, really got me.

1 Like

The whole thing at the end had me smiling throughout. I just wished I spent more time with Barrett and Anjdrea, because they both said they would go through the Unity, but I only saw Sarah at the end. Which I’m guessing all our companiins can be featured there, not just our romantic partner.

1 Like

I also only had Sarah there. The other companion I had spent most of my time with died…

I was told Sarah also chose to become Starborn, and I assume Barrett didn’t hesitate either as he got powers and was very gung-ho about jumping into Unity.

Seeing my character talking to me was awesome and took me by surprise, I had goosebumps haha.

My respond was, "I don’t sound like that! "

Sam was the one that died for me. I was planning on having 2 saves, one where he dies one where Sarah does. But his questline bugged out for me.

Haha, the voice was a bit off for me too but it also made me wish I had a voiced protagonist, something I prefer in most games. At least in some scenes.

Well, I had avoided all spoilers so I just played it as it went. High price to pay was brutal heh.

1 Like

Wanted to ask, when going through the recap in the Unity was it mentioned that Constellation revealed there findings of it.

That with The Hunter and The Emessary defeated (stood down really, as always talking is OP even with only 1 point into persuasión) people across the settled system were able to make the decision to become Starborn?

Because the implications are pretty big, as they could use doubles of every named character that we meet and put them in the NG+ stories later, with their own quest.

1 Like

I had a huge battle at the end, decided to end both The Hunter and The Emissary… However, talking is usually my way too and in the NG+ it’s even more Op with the Starborn dialogue choices heh.

It would be cool if we meet other characters who have gone through yeah. I think there are a bunch of different versions of the universe too and it’s random which one you get in NG+. Mine is the same so far though.

Did you decide to redo the main quest or not?

1 Like

No, as part of my role play instead of leaving everyone in the dark and pretend to be someone they never met. I decided to tell them the truth about everything, will be doing the same with the parents by removing kids stuff.

Currently have used Starborn tag to get one person to agree to joining the defense alliance.

At this point I think it’s even possible that the necromancer we fight as we make our way to the last artifact could be the woman who decided to become a banker because magic isn’t real and she couldn’t be a necromancer.

Oooh, I hadn’t thought of that.

I decided to do the main quest again, thought it could be interesting to see if anything plays out differently but so far its not. It’s a bit faster now though, when I know what to do and not sightseeing as much. Still not sure if I will settle down in this universe or move on again…

Are the Artifacts on the same planets as before? Vladimir said he used the data I gave him to local e them but they were on different planets.

Than again remembering all those locations wouldn’t be feasible for me.

No I think they’ve changed.

1 Like

I wanted to ask, are the enemies scaling to your level? Because during the failure to communicate quest the lowest level spacer I fought was 18, with the spacer captain at 94.

It’s super wide differences. Last mission had everything from level 5 to Elite lvl 75, which was very hard since I’m only lvl 53 with shit weapons so far.

1 Like

I’m getting 18/48/70/94, because I wasn’t using advance weapons the first time I tried I got killed quick. Which forced me to fight more carefully.

1 Like

Doing the UC questline in NG+ and as I was walking towards the Va’Ruun Embassy, I ran into Keeper Aquilus talking with several NPC outside of the sanctum.

During it he was telling everyone that one needs to have empathy for for others, when one of the NPC mentioned Unity. So I decided to talk to him and it’s confirmed that both versions of Aquilus(Keeper/Hunter) are Starborn.

Speaking generally, for the first time in a long time I’m playing RPG (Starfield) that has a strong story beginning to end.

4 Likes

Yes, it was surprisingly good. Add the excellent faction quests and a lot of the side quests to that and I’d say, a bit surprising for a Bethesda game, that it is the strongest point of the game.

I played it almost entirely quest driven, which was not what I had thought before hand. Not complaining since stories and immersion is my thing, hehe.

I’ve come to a point, at over 200 hours in, where i’ve ran out of proper quests though. There’s still a lot of mission board quests etc. though so there’s always that reason, however small, for doing things which I prefer.

1 Like

Found a factory that one of the workers automated stuff and the robots took over and killed everyone. Simple thing, but the text logs complaining about the engineer and another group saying let’s go out drinking and then the skeletons all over including at the bar were a nice touch.

2 Likes