Spider-Man will be exclusive to Playstation version of Avengers. PlayStation also gets exclusive and timed cosmetics, early access to Beta

Dear Xbox Gamers, please if any situation ever occurs where we get a stupid deal like this, please let us be better gamers and call xbox out for this. Please let us see, that this kind of deal helps no one but hurts gamers overall. There is nothing positive about this kind of deals. Please let us be greater

9 Likes

I mean it is not really surprising, tho it is a really bad practice in my opinion. We are talking about exclusivity in a freaking character in a 3rd party game, it is ridiculous. It may work for them, but, for me, it makes much easier avoiding this game. Maybe we will come to a day where this kind of deal gets called out in general by community and gaming press and backfire them, tho I don’t see it happening today, unfortunately.

2 Likes

This absolutely sucks, I was so hyped for this game and preordered it to get into the Beta and early access. This move pulled by Sony has just killed all hype I had for the game, I am still gonna play it but it is a real blow to the gut.

2 Likes

I don’t feel great about the Tetris Effect multiplayer update being a 6 month exclusive.

2 Likes

To be fair that one began with Xbox getting the base game years late for starters. Worst is when a game launches simultaneously on multiple platforms and some have legitimately less content. It’s one thing if it’s an exclusive skin or an irrelevant item, but a whole playable character is pretty dumb.

3 Likes

(unless they’re on PC or Xbox)

8 Likes

I don’t think this is what Stan Lee had in mind.

(Yeah, this is maybe kind of a cheap shot to invoke Stan, but this pisses me off)

2 Likes

Didn’t know about the deal, just called phil out about this. He probably won’t answer but maybe somebody sees it. Anyway comparisons with other companies are no justification for this kind of practice. I hate the spiderman deal more than any other deal before.

2 Likes

It’s definitely the worst one.

1 Like

I see a huge push against this today, Sony really dont give a shit as they are supporting their fanbase only. Its pretty obvious they only care about “Playstation gamers”

3 Likes

That’s very bad for consumers, really… I love Spider-Man and will get a PS5 some day, but will not support that kind of behavior.

But Tetris were exclusive for ps4 about two years, right?

1 Like

It is bad. Rxclusives in general are bad and are anti consumer but this just tops my hate for timed exclusives in my opinion this is way worse it’s like selling an incomplete game.

3 Likes

I really want to know how the deal with Spider man and Sony is? Should we not expect Spider-Man on Xbox in any shape or form for a while?

It is safe to assume that yes

Yes very likely and back to marvel’s avengers this is likely not the only exclusive character they will have on ps5 as they originally said multiple if I am remembering coreectly.

Indeed, Spider-Man it’s a whole different and important character…

1 Like

What is it about Crystal Dynamics? MS got crucified for Rise of the Tomb Raider but Sony got let off scott free for so many timed exclusives, but this straw broke the camel’s back in the media and fandom. Like, if Crystal Dynamics comes knocking on Nintendo’s, Valve’s, Epic’s or Google’s doors for an “exclusive relationship” I’d run to the closet and hide.

In all seriousness though, they make great games and their relationship with MS ultimately lead to the birth of The Initiative, but what is it about exclusives with this developer that sets the internet ablaze?

2 Likes

What angers me is that y do I have have a $300-500 paywall to play a character or a game or anything. It’s really annoying I don’t plan on buying both consoles and it just sucks. I want to play both avowed and hzd 2 but I would have to buy 2 consoles instead of one.