Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Horizon: Forbidden West are also coming to the PS4; firt-party games now cost $69.99 / €79.99

PlayStation’s Blog Post:

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4.

PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
4 Likes

The sony cross gen deception. A lot if people eating crow now.

15 Likes

Well there it is including some of their timed exclusives coming on to PC, it sure looks like Sony is deviating from their exclusive console generation strategy.

2 Likes

My take: the games being released on the PS4 is great news and also puts to rest the talk of “current-gen holding next-gen back”. And, as @LifeForms said, a lot of people is eating crow now and will have to change their speech.

Regarding the new prices: oof

9 Likes

Also Demon Souls is coming to PC at launch other consoles at a later date whatever that means.

Yea but the double standards will protect sony lol

People really fall for marketing speak like “we believe in generations” huh

3 Likes

Yikes. I wonder if this is their attempt at recouping losses from the system. I’d love to know what they were initially going to list the console price at before the Xbox leaks.

1 Like

What a strange PR mix up b/t MS and Sony here. Both had execs laying these expectations but now somehow they ended up flipped. Totally bizarre.

1 Like

80 bucks for freaking demon’s souls ??? Why ???

Those prices are devastating. I don’t care how you spin it or who has ‘brand loyalty’ the casual will look at those prices and balk.

I’m in Canada those prices even for me who has disposable income are comical

Gamepass looks even better value.

3 Likes

MS took what 9 months on eggs on the face for being upfront about it?

13 Likes

Are you trying to say Sony didn’t want to leave all that money on the table?

I always thought 70 euros for a game was ridiculous already, 80!!! Fa real?

I’ll continue to buy my games in the USA Xbox store with gift cad from either Offgamers or Cdkeys. Unless MS and Sony start to block this, let’s hope not!

And for everyone saying that they never saw Horizon coming to current-gen: don’t forget that Breath of the Wild is also available on the bloody Wii U.

1 Like

So basically there are no big hitting PS5 exclusives until at least R&C or God of War sometime in 2021, and an entire year of GamePass Ultimate costs less than 3 games. Nice…

Yep, cant believe sony basically lied about this stuff, what a shit show.

5 Likes

That’s the crazy thing…MS was saying something very different than what ppl thought they were. All they were actually saying was the current gen stuff already announced as current gen would come out in that 2 yr window and not get shifted to next gen only. But Fable, Hellblade, Avowed, Forza, Everwild, etc are all next gen only. Meanwhile, Horizon/Demons Souls/Spiderman aren’t.

MS was being upfront but ppl took it the wrong way and assumed the worst. Sony straight up mislead ppl here and now the PS5 fans have their wires all crossed up.

4 Likes

I thought it didn’t quite look next gen to my eye in June. Always seemed to be a bit plastic looking somehow.

Doh i cant read, ignore me.

1 Like