Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Horizon: Forbidden West are also coming to the PS4; firt-party games now cost $69.99 / €79.99

https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1306350365470797826?s=20

UK will be up to £70 for PS5.

Other tidbits from the post-conference PR:

• Spider-Man Remaster does not appear to be free for current-gen owners? Also, will it be available in a separate purchase or is it exclusive to Miles Morales’ $69.99 Ultimate Edition?
  • Ratchet & Clank, the “only truly-looking next-gen game”, is not a launch title;
  • The lack of transparency around the console exclusives. Deathloop is confirmed to be a timed exclusive, and yet in the event they showed a whole screen where they removed the “timed” information from the previous event.

By the way, since they are being really aggressive with the Digital Edition price, I’m worried if Sony’s games will not be on sale as frequently as they currently are this gen to make up for the loss. I can see them becoming more like Nintendo and doing a 20% off sale a year later and that’s it.

With £70 games, gamepass makes so much sense.

yup

and it was kinda obvious since the acquired studios had projects already in the pipeline

Xbox PR should send a mass email with “Apologize” as subject to all the gaming outlets that wrote articles over articles about how bad their decision was

1 Like

Lol!!! Thank you. I was just thinking the same. I’m going to enjoy seeing fanboys justifying that it’s now ok

One last doubt: those games also coming to the PS4 supports Sony’s version of Smart Delivery? If so, does that mean that PS4 games will also cost $70?

Man…SO much fucking Crow…nom nom nom

2 Likes

Totally expecting this unfortunately. Would love those who game xbox such a hard time to stick to their guns and do the same to sony, but they won’t because you know, it’s sony.

1 Like

I’m in Canada also and totally agree. $100 for a game (after taxes)? Gamepass is truly our savior.

1 Like

All hail gamepass :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Sony have just ‘done an Xbox’. Had a reasonable if not exactly hyped show, then as details have come out completely confused their messaging and shot themselves in the foot. £70 price for games…’we believe in generations and not holding games back but here we are doing it anyway’…

Phil Spencer is probably sitting there thinking he won’t say or do anything till launch because every show just seems to be poor for both companies,

3 Likes

OTOH, Sony has the power to force $70 games. Back in the early 1990s, AAA games went for $80 in currency value of that time. Adjusted for now that’s $160. So charging $70 for truly AAA experience is a bargain and Sony will be just fine.

Surprising that Ubisoft games are £51 for next gen compared to Sony doing £70.

If publishers are going to raise the price they better cut the BS with loot boxes, overpriced season passes etc.

Lol

8 Likes

Not all of those are confirmed to be only next gen. Microsoft said they were only confirming their release on the ‘Series X’ at that time…doesn’t mean some won’t be Xbox one too.

1 Like

Ok, now that’s funny. Pffewww… What a turn of events !

So Game Pass all of a sudden is the best deal in gaming.

I thought Sony can easily copy this just by flipping a switch? Instead they just charge their games $10 more.

It must be propagated they can’t get away with it. These bs practises from Sony have to stop now.

Yeah :joy: