Soul Hackers 2 from Atlus Out Now On Xbox One and Xbox Series!

Weve not had much info on the english version nor more gameplay details

I think were still living in this world where people are attaching the xbox one to this generation. Now if soul hackers csme to xbox one 3 years ago and was alsp on pc and ps4…absolutely it would have sold like 10 copies. Just think this gen is diffferent.

2 Likes

A much longer video detailing some of the gameplay

Game looks really sharp and crisp. I cant wait for this. And its coming in 2022?

And this is Japan, where the marketing at least exists.

Meanwhile in the West there hasn’t even been marketing and you can’t even pre order it.

I’m still not convinced MS will pay for a JRPG to be on Game Pass day 1 ( I don’t count old ports, I mean a new game ) but it would seriously scratch this game’s back just as much as it would scratch Xbox’s.

It’s their first ever multiplat global launch, and first global launch on their own (SMT V had Nintendo assistance), so this game is not unimportant for Atlus. They’ve been saying they want it to be a “tentpole” game.

The higher the number the better? because if so… :grimacing: :grimacing:

It’s not even available to pre-order on Xbox.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s digital only in Japan on Xbox, not sure about the West, so it can’t be preordered there on Xbox yet.

1 Like

Higher is better yes. It is the pre order numbers at COMG which is a relatively small retailer in one region. It’s used as a relative measuring stick for engagement/hype in the JP sales community since they share the pre order numbers.

Again I’m extremely hyped for this game but I don’t know what Atlus’s plan is with it. It’s certainly not beating SMT V’s 1m sales (which was from a single platform) at this rate.

When SMT V was 5 months away from launch you could pre order it in the West and it had good marketing (thanks to Nintendo) by that point. SH2 is 3 months away and there’s close to nothing. Many are assuming it’ll have it’s “breakout” and one of the upcoming “E3” showcases and I’m hoping it’s Microsoft’s, and for MS to shatter my view that they won’t add a JRPG to Game Pass day 1.

They don’t even have the Steam page up yet and that’s usually step one for marketing a game on PC.

Honestly, the lack of marketing, especially in the West, makes me think the game is gonna be Day1 on Game Pass and it will be announced at the Showcase.

Then again, we are talking about Atlus so who knows…

Yeeeeahhh its like…they are sending it to die purposely…

We still have to wait on SH2.

Smt4 got promotion and tons of hype at nintendo events

Theyve just done random youtube vids.

This game will blow up when we get it at a company event. Its why i think ms should allow an english trailer at their own event and would be amazing to be a gamepass title

I really hope we get physical xbox version too

Otherwise sega are to blame just as much as atlus. But more atlus.

Maybe theres another wave of marketing left. The reason theres no pre orders is because theyre probabky still figuring out how it will release in the west.

It cant be pre ordered for xbox in japan either

If they were smart they should be begging MS to put it on gamepass (or vice versa) , because lets be honest, the audience of this kind of games on xbox is not here yet and I fear a “it didnt sell well so we are not going to support it any further” situation. With gamepass money at least you will have some kind of monetary support and increase the audience of tha game on xbox.

But yeah…Atlus…

Atlus arent the type of company to do that.

And lets be real…with starfield and redfall gone…it wont be atlus the one to do the begging. If this is as good as we think it can be Ms could very well try and pay atlus to get this on gamepass anyway

2 Likes

Another long video. Shows gang hanging out and more gameplay. Will update euth translation when it comes

Still no word of western pre orders or even a western trailer. It sort of bega the question if this game will be showcased somewhere. Hopefully ms can squeeze an english trailer at their event.

4 Likes

Soul Hackers 2 will be at Summer Game Fest. I guess the Western marketing will FINALLY begin and then we can finally pre order it in the West.

Maybe maybe not. But with the game coming out in august…surely it has to have some presence

Would be awesome if it got that at Ms conference.

Bit late on this, but keighley said that None of the footage in the trailer is indicative of any game being at his show.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1533497765686235136?s=20&t=1DMl7B7RRmbyR4PTaRtxQQ

Then what’s the purpose of these trailers?

He literally said it in the tweet i posted. “Just a celebration of this incredible medium”. He’s been doing this every year that the game awards have happened.

I suspect it is a part of the fake marketing or whatever it is called. When you know that people will assume that stuff from the trailer will be there so you hype it up even the content won’t be there.