Sony hides trailer for Star Wars: KoTOR remake and deletes announcement tweet

It’s pretty good, I enjoyed Jedi Survivor this summer and looking forward to Outlaws this winter. Wouldn’t say no to more of course.

Sony seems to back games more as PR wins to sell consoles rather than backing solid games.

8 Likes

Loved Jedi Survivor and hyped for Star Wars Outlaws. Reminds me of the cancelled Star Wars 1313 game.

1 Like

Spiders also would have been a good choice for a KOTOR game.

Unfortunately I don’t really see Nacon investing in them and I personally think they had more potential when they were with Focus Home Interactive.

3 Likes

Stadia: " Is It Possible to Learn This Power?"

Not gonna lie. Nothing about my original opinion has changed. I just don’t have the energy to repeatedly respond to strawmans that somehow give Xbox a free pass on this one :upside_down_face:

Ultimately Xbox and PlayStation are in completely different spots than when this Kotor announcement was made.

PlayStation was using smoke and mirrors at the time (Kotor was part of the illusion strategy by PlayStation) but these days in 2023 PS doesn’t even seem poised to have an E3 level showcase until PS6…many years from now.

Meanwhile Xbox has Activision and Bethesda and Gamepass. Xbox has an embarrassment of riches with an e3 of dreams every year from now to eternity .

Let’s just say the sting of having Xbox mishandle the KOTOR property has completely worn off. Xbox has too many exciting things to look forward to … now Xbox better not mishandle Tony Hawk or I will be right back to bitching tenfold lol :joy:

Actually Tony Hawk Pro Skater is a great example. So Xbox leadership needs to day1 Activision merger complete sign tony hawk to a multi year multimillion dollar contract. I really don’t want to see a hypothetical scenario where there is a Pro Skater without Tony Hawks name attached. That’s ultimately what pissed me off about kotor, lock it down. Sony is petty and will buy things and ruin them just because it hurts Xbox. Tony Hawk is associated with the Pro Skater brand in the same way that Kotor was associated with OG Xbox.

I think it’s fair to be upset about initial announcement about the game. The thought of missing out on a remake of one of the most beloved RPGs is fair . However , if you were still angry about Microsoft missing out after Aspyr made poor switch ports and habe being delayed indefinitely. Then that is some clown behaviour

2 Likes

What hurts about KOTOR is that it’s a game heavily associated with Xbox. It’d be like if Xbox somehow had Demon’s Souls remake exclusive (for lack of a better example).

Whether it’s good or not, whether it even releases, it’s just the expectation that if KOTOR remake was ever being made it should’ve been from Xbox.

2 Likes

An an immediate straw man. Not at all what I was upset about. It’s annoying that Xbox didn’t lock down the ip before Aspyr and Sony had a chance to ruin it. I think I was more than clear about that.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s what most were upset about because that game was heavily associated with xbox on consoles. I would also feel similar if Jade Empire was remade and it somehow was Playstation exclusive .

it’s clear there is a demand for a Star Wars RPG game and hopefully Disney can go to credible stories for it. I do feel Microsoft have some of the best studios to take on the task if they want to, but the key part is “if” . I just know an InExile or Obsidian Star Wars RPG would slap

2 Likes

Last year out of the blue Geoff Keighley reached Microsoft to ask them about cod contract with Sony and he was trying to push his agenda to make xbox looks bad .

When it comes to Sony now about KTOR he seems quiet

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1567603139242782720

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1567634629552910337

4 Likes

Eh, Geoff is not really a journalist but just a hype man for his shows.

Others should do better though.

2 Likes

I would love to see just a simple visual remaster of KOTOR. Maybe some rebalancing of the combat and itemization, menu QOL, stuff like that. But the game doesn’t need a full remake, just some light updating IMO.

2 Likes

Maybe he shouldn’t have been “reaching out” to Xbox for answers then, if he could do that to know if a franchise would remain on PlayStation, surely he could do the same for KOTOR but I don’t expect a single tweet about that situation from him.

6 Likes

Geoff like Shreier is a closet fanboy.

7 Likes

Yea as long as the announcement created hype and made Xbox look bad it served its purpose for Sony even if the game never comes out. Sony’s good at creating events that push hype but the reality is a let down. Pretty much the so called E3 of dreams ended up being a piece of crap in reality

3 Likes

I don’t think Geoff is in the closet about that tbh.

1 Like

He’s more restrained these days but he used to be an open Playstation cheerleader back in the day. He was insufferable around the time of the PS4/Xbox One launches.

Steel Rising was great in my opinion and im looking forward to GreedFall 2. I think Spiders will be solid under Nacon.

2 Likes

Phil was right to avoid this disaster. He probably knew this thing was going to be a disaster. Funny some nutters are still trying to blame him for not wasting money on it.

1 Like