Sony has formed the ‘PlayStation PC’ label for its PC games push | VGC

We know cross-buy isn’t happening, but what Sony can do for the cross-save/progression problem is what MS does - running their games on these stores through their PSN account for checks, but that again brings in its own issues people face (like Grounded during early access launch on steam), but it’s gonna be better than nothing at least.

PlayStation created a launcher for PS Now, they can do so for their first-party releases. Many major publishers have created their own launcher. I just don’t have any excuses to afford PlayStation and, again, their half-assed approach to PC. I’ll continue to point out their inferior offering until something changes.

1 Like

They can, but they won’t get remotely the same kind of sales with any of their games, and even if they sell outside the launcher, it’ll start being expensive to maintain it while most of the revenue and sales keep coming from Steam/EGS anyway. PS Now launcher doesn’t face this problem because it’s a single-source subscription service.

And most people only tolerate that fact to get to the games asap, cuz most launchers suck. EA failed at their own launcher, and started releasing their games on Steam day 1. Rockstar opens like four or five separate windows before their games launch, it’s a mess. No idea why you want yet another launcher instead of just asking for cross-save/cross-progression which can be done without needing to also maintain a separate launcher. Making another launcher is not the way to “take PC seriously”, in fact for MS, making it so that their games also release on Steam day 1 has and will go miles ahead in ensuring their games have more reach and success on PC than if they just consolidated everything around MS Store.

Only crossbuy would be a problem, but Sony obviously won’t do that, and for that I agree with you that it’s a policy advantage that MS continues to have and should hold Sony accountable for.

No problem, go ahead, but another launcher isn’t really the solution you are making it out to be.

When they came? They’ve always been there ms own windows and their games were just integrated organically.

You can always just get a ps. PC gamers shouldn’t be entitled to everything. You’re probably one if those steam fans who thinks everything should come to steam.

To me this news does nothing. I have no interest in pc gaming. I just wish Sony went to PC gaming sooner so we wouldn’t have had to play their games at capped 30fps with 1080p as a standard.

Sony shouldn’t give a sshit about cross buy. They have no vested interest in PC hardware other than raw software sales.

The fact that Sony are even putting their games on pc is a bonus. Cross buy is a fantasy. Ms allow it due to their windows store and xbox. Last time I checked you can’t buy a game off steam and play it on your xbxo either.

Disagree

Sony isn’t a small company and they get 100% return on sales.

But it shows a willingness to create a launcher which is my point.

They don’t have to tolerate it if it’s another option.

Again, for cross-save/buy/progression which seems to be a roadblock on platforms like EGS and Steam. Obviously, if PlayStation can do that without a separate launcher then go for it.

I don’t know why you interpreted this as me having a launcher fetish and wanting PlayStation to exclusively sell their games via their own platform.

but another launcher isn’t really the solution

Yes it is. PlayStaiton has the flexibility to enact whichever feature they so choose in doing so. Am I being obtuse here? I want PlayStation to make a launcher to match Xbox’s features on PC. I never said to take games away from Steam or Epic.