Sony has formed the ‘PlayStation PC’ label for its PC games push | VGC

Jim Ryan : "Before Sony , there were no games on PC . There was no gaming culture on PC . We built it up organically . "

6 Likes
2 Likes

I mean this is something that Microsoft found out years ago lol. The PC audience is largely not interested in consoles and never will be.

4 Likes

Yes, as an ex-PCMR my experience is that most PC-gamers considers consoles inferior children toys and have little to no interest in them. Some double dip, and a few like myself goes to console as main platform but mainly it is very elitist.

1 Like

Most PC guys will litterally not even look at a game if it’s not on Steam, let alone buy another machine for it.

1 Like

I guess when you potentially spend 1000s of pounds on your gaming rig it says a lot about your mindset lol.

1 Like

No don’t you see, when PC players experience real games like God of War for the first time, they’ll throw their computers in the trash, buy PS5s, and become console players forever after. Brilliant marketing coup by Sony, brilliant.

2 Likes

bro could you stop with this bullshit? lmao

Why? It is my personal experience.

1 Like

I know but the reason behind PC and console userbase not having overlap isn’t really because of a small pocket of manchildren who consider consoles as “inferior toys for children” or whatever in the same way console war fanboys don’t really represent console userbase.

In my experience the ratio of PC elitists are higher than the console warrior one. Steam-fanatics might be about the same as console warriors though. But the PCMR goes way beyond that.

1 Like

no actual adult in the PC space uses “PCMR” unironically anymore, but it’s unfortunate that you’ve had a bad experience with that crowd and I don’t wanna diminish that in any way. But still, they’re not representative of anything in the grander scheme when it comes to why the PC and console userbase don’t overlap as much, which was the crux of this conversation. You’re extrapolating your personal experience as reason for why that overlap might not be as much as people expect. That’s the problem with using anecdotal data for anything statistical, it collapses rather fast, as I can provide my testimony of having very good experience with PC crowd and bad experiences with the console crowd as evidence for something grander that’s being argued and it’d be just as valid and sound.

Agreed that hardcore Steam loyalists can be annoying as fuck. lol

I use PCMR to describe them the same way as I use Cultists for the PS-morons. It’s very descriptive of each groups characteristics. I doubt they use it themselves yes.

Also, you do realise these things can vary a lot in different regions?

No surprises here. I have said that Sony will have their exclusives on PC day one before this generation ends and I wouldn’t be shocked if it happens by the halfway point. In fact, I will make a prediction that God of War Ragnarok gets pushed to 2023 and that the PC version releases on the same day as PS4/PS5.

1 Like

Have they announced their own launcher with cross-buy/save/progression support, no? Back to sleep.

2 Likes

Oh gawd, could you even imagine the steps you’d have to take to continue on your save game from Console to PC? Well, I mean when they eventually attempt to bring that feature in 5 years time. Or simply going from your current PC to a new PC if you don’t migrate the drive storage directly.

2 Likes

Lol

Cross buy wont be a thing for quite a few years for them. Repeat buy it is for playing on different platforms.

yeah, nah that’s not happening lmao.

Tbf this really isn’t for double dippers or people who use the Play Anywhere model. It’s to just expand their userbase to those on PC who are highly unlikely to buy a console (which is statistically again and again and again show to be high), so it’s tapping into a whole new audience who has none of that save progress, purchase history to begin with.

You could say the same for Xbox when they came to PC, still didn’t half-ass it.

2 Likes

Microsoft has MS Store, it’s not the same thing at all, really. Xbox doesn’t support cross buy across stores either (at least not that I know of) and for cross-save, even on steam, games have to run through the xbox live account to access the save progress across devices/launchers (which is far less of a hassle for sure).