Sony FF16 exclusive, makes me confused

Splash screen after the FF16 trailer, surely they could of just put timed exclusive instead, it happened so fast, I just saw exclusive and didn’t even have time to read the small print.

Or is it actually permanently ps5 exclusive?

I really dislike how unclear it is.

When TOTTR was 1 year exclusive, we knew instantly it was 1 year exclusive, and oddly Microsoft got crucified for that.

I hope this isn’t what to expect going forward when it comes to timed exclusives from either Microsoft or Sony, I like clarity myself (from all parties)

It’s a normal Sony style no doubt 1 year timed exclusive.

3 Likes

Timed exclusives suck period. I get they’re marketing deals, but still don’t like them. I’m still waiting to play ff7 on one x damn it :frowning:

3 Likes

Wish this was known to everyone though, it’s crazy no one knew crash trilogy was timed exclusive, till it just turned up on xbox pretty much.

I forgot all about ff7 remake haha.

2 Likes

Lol!!!

You mentioned TR in OP. I remember when that happened and gaming journalists were on the case instantly to get an officially confirmation it was timed. It wasn’t even a day before it was confirmed if I remember right.

3 Likes

It wasn’t, crystal dynamics staff got death threats and everything too.

When crash trilogy was exclusive, no one said anything, we didn’t know/find out, till it was pretty much coming out.

The double standards is annoying too.

5 Likes

If this is fully exclusive, Sony had let you know… if you have doubts its not exclusive

1 Like

I really really hope this is the case! I can wait a year to play FF16 on Series X, but if I have to get a PS5 for it it’ll be longer than a year.

Going to be the usual year. I’d appreciate more transparency on timed exclusivity periods from all of the platform holders.

Gameplay looks fun (a lot like DMC) but I am not fond of the art direction. Looks like Square Enix going after the Witcher 3 money

If its a full year that’s just way too long. Hope not any other games I truly am looking forward to will get this trash nonsense .

FF16 surprisingly didn’t look too great at all though. At first I thought this was going to be like FF14 online because I’m sorry, FFXV on X and Pro to me…looks better?

It looks more like witcher x dmc.

I wonder if it was initially a different IP & then turned into ff?

The scene with Malboro looks good though.

You are not the only one. I thought, visually at least, didn’t look too impressive as a next-gen only title and FF15 might actually look better in parts.

1 Like

I was surprised there was more than CGI though

I read the game could release next year. That sure would be an improvement for SE.

1 Like

FF isn’t really going in the direction I’d like. There is too much focus on trying to be cool and amazing instead of just creating a creative world and characters and letting it come naturally. It feels forced and focus tested I guess.

1 Like

Maybe it will be cross gen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could barely make it through a few hours of 15. Gameplay felt like a poor mans western open world RPG. Character designs were terrible too.

4 Likes