Sony confirms no free PS5 upgrade for PS4 Spider-Man players; no plans to offer the game as a standalone

It’s hilarious they have people defending them by calling it different because it’s a remaster. Remaster and enchaced BC are interchangeable terms.

Edit: I suppose there’s also auto enchaced or system level enchaced BC which is different from what we expect from Gears 5.

1 Like

I’m getting that vibe

I really don’t think this is happening tbh. There are a few diehards defending it but by and large Sony players seem to be unhappy about this, and are voicing their disappointment. It feels like there is a groundswell of positive feeling around the moves Xbox is making in relation to Sony, even in places like Reset. It’s a little bit surreal to see. :slight_smile:

I think you’re right, but people are mercurial and popular sentiment can change really fast. It’s kind of telling that Sony had to have such a bad week for people to actually really get around to voicing their displeasure. I think that if these things had been spread out a bit more, it wouldn’t have moved the needle much. Give people enough time to digest the price increase, and start off by showing how much better the remastered version looks over the original game, and I bet people would be lining up to pay for it even if they already had the platinum.

I wonder how many missteps Microsoft will have to make to lose all goodwill with the general public? Probably not many, given how many people are jumping on the Zenimax acquisition as proof that the industry is doomed and Microsoft pushed the self-destruct button :laughing:

Edit: to clarify, the only side I care about is the consumer. I’d be praising Sony/Insomniac if they were making the same kinds of moves that Microsoft are.

Oh yeah, for sure a lot of this has to do with the news cycle on this particular week or even day. Xbox is on top this week but if next week Guerilla puts out an amazing looking Forbidden West trailer then all will be right with the world again. :slight_smile:

I have to say, it did kind of bug me a bit just how much Microsoft has been treated like a punching bag since the Xbox One launch (and I merrily took part too until I actually started paying attention). If nothing else, the acquisition is a definite sign that they’re not gonna cut their losses and run!

Just imagine if these two paragraphs were written by Microsoft. The amount of sarcasm and irony of the gaming media articles would be unparalleled.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered is an enhanced version of Marvel’s Spider-Man , and is included as part of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for the PlayStation 5. In addition, players who purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4 can upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5 version of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and can take advantage of a paid-upgrade to download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered .

There are no plans currently to offer Marvel’s-Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone. Players with a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 can purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition to experience Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5. Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 also will be backwards compatible on PS5.

1 Like

What Xbox do, Sony dont.

Charging for higher settings is cray cray.

1 Like

Yep and people will eat it up because it’s spiderman

3 Likes

2 Likes