Sony confirms no free PS5 upgrade for PS4 Spider-Man players; no plans to offer the game as a standalone

From Kotaku:

There are no plans currently to offer Marvel’s-Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone. Players with a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 can purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition to experience Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5. Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 also will be backwards compatible on PS5.

Basically, if you own the game on the PS4 and plans to play the Remastered version on the PS5, you have to buy the $70 Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales.

1 Like

Sony is getting to “sniffs their own farts” territory of arrogance right now. Keep this up and it’ll bite them in the ass

3 Likes

Its Miles Morales Standalone on the PS4?

That’s saaaaaaaadddddddddddd.

Channelling my inner Partridge here,

1 Like

I’m just going to get Miles on PS4.

Not unexpected but still kinda classless imo. It’s also a bit lame that they prevaricated for a week before coming right out and admitting it. I only ever borrowed the original so I’m not personally affected, but this must sting a little for TRUE BELIEVERS.

excelsior

For the players…

Joking aside this is very disappointing.

Still annoys me that control isn’t enhanced too :frowning:

2 Likes

“For the payers” FTFY

2 Likes

Love seeing all these unforced errors but this one especially stings in the afterglow of the bethesda purchase

3 Likes

Can Playstation fans get a break already? Goddamn.

Truly sad.

Yet with Xbox…well, we all know what they are doing when it comes to this. They keep knocking it out of the damn park.

2 Likes

I think sony is taking a bath on the price for the ps5. They really need to recoup the money lost.

2 Likes

Is that Jim Ryan’s new spin on the slogan? Lol.

In all seriousness this is just bullshit really. Sony couldn’t even give a free upgrade to their loyal fan base who have enabled Sony to reap the profits that have incurred over the years.

3 Likes

That’s really lame, I was hoping I could pick up a cheap PS4 copy for my PS5 eventually, instead the best version will be locked to an overpriced expansion’s special edition. Really stands out compared to the way Microsoft is handling next-gen upgrades.

1 Like

If this was a normal week they’d probably be able get away with this again.

But in light of Zenimax news and the Xbox going up for pre order + MS actually sending out their machines for people to look at it makes Sony efforts look paltry.

When even your core users on places like Era are feeling rebellious thats not a great sign…

5 Likes

Is this where MS should remake the game sharing commercial, but simply has a MS customer play their new console for the new (smart delivery) game where the Sony customer is in a store paying $70 USD?

2 Likes

Really feels like Sony is trapped in a time warp where it’s always 2013 and they don’t have to try because MS will face plant and do their work for them.

The sales numbers for this first year are going to be fascinating. Sony coasting solely on their last gen lead and Microsoft… actually trying. Maybe we’re heading closer to a 50/50 split.

3 Likes

How is that place called Era? Are they trying to spin this shit as something glorious?

No. Mostly people are mad about it.

Some pushback that expecting free upgrades is ‘entitled.’

1 Like

I would say yes, but Microsoft isn’t that petty :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This blows, I feel they’re going to do the same thing with other PS4 heavy hitter like; God of War, Bloodborne, Last of Us, Horizon, Uncharted, Ghost of Tsuima, etc.

1 Like