Sony buying Bungie for $3.6 billion, Destiny 2 and future projects will remain multiplatform

Weren’t they rumored to be asking for 2 billion when the rumors of MS buying were going around?

Bungie straight up robbed them, 3.6 billion, I guess I was right when I said that Activision buy made everyones price go up

Im honestly glad MS ddnt get them, they do nothing for me and leaves MS to buy shit I actually like

It’s basically valuing Destiny at around $3 billion because it’s the only IP they have.

Was this a defensive acquisition?

The multi-platform aspect confuses me.

Cool nonetheless, congrats to both teams!

Mental.

Their new IP ‘Matter’ will be PlayStation Exclusive.

4 Likes

Seems like a lot of money.

Sounds like even future output will remain multiplatform if Bungie wants? So… cool. Nothing changes for me. Destiny is great so good for them for getting a big payday.

If their next game does indeed become Sony exclusive… well, I needed a PS5 anyway. :slight_smile:

Xbox owns Crash Bandicoot and Sony owns Bungie, what a timeline.

5 Likes

Sony got Bungie and xbox got crash . What timeline is this ? :phil_lmao:

bungie said they are remain multiplat

9 Likes

Guess this is an effect of MS beginning to buy up companies. However, Bungie usually likes being independent so it makes sense they aren’t “officially” folded under SIE. Wonder if they will sue for independence again though down the road

It seems a rapid fire response to ABK deal, but it seems cheap and also very overpaid.

2 Likes

They paid more for Destiny than Microsoft paid for Minecraft let that sink in, obviously times are different right now but damn.

This is the video-game version of Marvel’s What If…

2 Likes

More of that “organic growth” :rofl:

12 Likes

Yeah, seems like they’re multiplatform across all games

I wonder how Colin Moriarty is gonna spin this as great organic growth after his rant about Xbox being pathetic for buying all these studios lol. I’m actually not upset about this at all because I feel like this will help with the regulators when it comes to Activision going through

14 Likes

18 Likes

Wow, that’s nuts. Their next IP will be undoubtedly be exclusive and Destiny 2 will have PS exclusive content. Good way to plug the FPS gap.

1 Like

Oooooh nooooo, what am I gonna do.

Meh :grin:

1 Like

they have some bloody good compost over there, look how quickly after Activision deal this grew.

2 Likes