Sony buying Bungie for $3.6 billion, Destiny 2 and future projects will remain multiplatform

Going to depend on what Bungie means with multiplatform, after all this could just mean only PC as well.

I’m simply having fun. I’m not sure what it says about me as a person, but I enjoy when big things happen and I get to watch people freak out about it.

4 Likes

I don’t know. Making Starfield exclusive is a huge move and when you based it on Skyrim, it will make crap load of money. So anything is still up in the air. I would understand if it’s GTA or Fortnite.

Not necessarily true that all ‘future projects’ will be multiplatform. Just ones currently in development.

All in all, a good move for Sony/Bungie. Fills a whole in Sony’s arsenal and gives them teams/talent who can help other studios under Sony’s 1P find success in the GaaS space they are gearing up for.

2 Likes

I think Destiny will stay multiplatform, but new IPs will be Sony exclusive?

Even though I don’t care whether COD stays exclusive or multiplatform. But it would be a great power move if MS decide to keep the future games exclusive. And personally I want to see that ruthless Xbox side once, which would really help them regain some lost market share.

Not if the FTC/Congress were forcing MS to keep CoD multiplatform in the first place in order for the ABK deal to go through…

It’s already said the next game that’s in progress will be multiplatform. Maybe after one?

4 Likes

ehh nah. The language of “remaining multiplat” involves the entirety of the status quo imo, especially if no caveats are explicitly mentioned, which Bungie hasn’t (like “multiplat except Xbox” which is weird af lol). Microsoft doesn’t consider PC releases as “multiplat”, rather include PC as still within the “Xbox ecosystem”. Sony is evolving into the same as well perhaps.

1 Like

I think Destiny games will be multiplatform but I’m just saying I feel any new IP from Bungie in the future will be “exclusive.”

Again this shit, FTC will never argue about gaming genres, lol, those people barely know what’s a console. This deal also is free ammo for MS, the #2 in gaming just spent billions to bolster its position.

9 Likes

Corporate speech, PR, I wouldn’t count on it meaning new games will still come to Xbox.

The Purge.

4 Likes

I find it hilarious that people who have been wrong about all the acquisition talk still pretend to be knowledeable to what’s happening in the industry or what will happen. Sit back and relax.

2 Likes

You going to argue that Xbox would be what it is without Halo? I tend to be an Xbox fan first but I don’t think that’s all that controversial a statement.

I wonder, Jim Ryan saying more to come, could that mean more deals have already been done and to be announced later or more like they simply aren’t done yet with going after more studios?

FTC nor congress care about this shit lmao.

6 Likes

One of my rare Ls that I shall happily concede.

2 Likes

Means there’s on going talks and they’re actively seeking out studios to purchase.

You think the FTC doesn’t care about MS competing with Sony? Rather naive…