Sony buying Bungie for $3.6 billion, Destiny 2 and future projects will remain multiplatform

The Purge.

4 Likes

I find it hilarious that people who have been wrong about all the acquisition talk still pretend to be knowledeable to what’s happening in the industry or what will happen. Sit back and relax.

2 Likes

You going to argue that Xbox would be what it is without Halo? I tend to be an Xbox fan first but I don’t think that’s all that controversial a statement.

I wonder, Jim Ryan saying more to come, could that mean more deals have already been done and to be announced later or more like they simply aren’t done yet with going after more studios?

FTC nor congress care about this shit lmao.

6 Likes

One of my rare Ls that I shall happily concede.

2 Likes

Means there’s on going talks and they’re actively seeking out studios to purchase.

You think the FTC doesn’t care about MS competing with Sony? Rather naive…

I don’t think ANY regulator in the world would even bat an eye for MS-ABK deal within this climate where everyone is buying everything.

2 Likes

No. They are required by law to announce deals when they come to a final agreement since Sony is publicly traded. He just means they are working on others and likely will close some more in the not very distant future.

but even at my worst, still got Housemarque and Bluepoint right, so idk, guess the balance is restored.

I think the exclusives conversation is going to get muddier and muddier until we start to see streaming services available universally on gaming devices (except Nintendo of course). I wouldn’t be remotely shocked to see Sony and Microsoft eventually negotiate a good deal to get their services on each other’s devices.

The big issue is the 30% take for putting games on consoles but it doesn’t have to stay that way forever if it even fits both of them to try and evolve the industry. Again, Amazon, Google, Meta/Facebook and Apple are bigger concerns to Sony/Microsoft than each other.

I do wonder if regulators will eventually be concerned about oligopoly issues but nothing is stopping those other massive companies from having more competitive services available.

You guys are delusional. There is a reason MS’s lawyers reached out to Ken Buck about the details of the deal to make him specific assurances. But hey, maybe you two know better than MS’s legal team here.

You have no clue what you are talking about. The regulatory climate in the US is gearing up to be more aggressive, not less. Go watch Hoeg’s vids and learn something please.

Ok, I see.

Housemarque and especially Bluepoint were so easy to call tbh, doesn’t count in my book

6 Likes

I think you fell in love with conspiracy theories, lol. Why aren’t you arguing about a bigger fish than MS spending billions?

5 Likes

Only for MS deals, ok man.

lmfao I agree.

Huh? You think there are bigger fish than a $70bil acquisition? Not many M&A’s compete at that scale. Come back to reality.

Huh? What are you talking about? The FTC picks and chooses what deals to investigate. They absolutely will look at a $70 bil acquisition. It’d be great if you informed yourself just a lil before replying. Go watch Hoeg. He is an M&A lawyer who knows what he is talking about here.

Check that again, it’s not even HALF a percent change.