Sony believes Xbox owning Call of Duty could impact consumers console choice UPDATE: Microsoft Responds

So? I still stick to my prediction and nothing has changed here :man_shrugging:

Yeah man. Keep CoD multiplatform to convince Microsoft Xbox is worth investing in! Because the $80 billion in 2 years was small change!

2 Likes

They will recover 70b within a year from Playstation consoles :joy:

That’s fine. Just pointing you in the direction of more updated, expert opinion in case ya felt like accounting for it in your predictions! :slight_smile:

Until there are actual facts your opinion doesn’t hold more validity than anyone elses. Youtube Lawyer or Industry analyst be damned.

2 Likes

When experts in M&A legal process offer their detailed analysis of M&A topics that they have spent many dozens of hours analyzing it gives their views a lot more credibility than random folks on forums. Just pretending legitimate experts can be dismissed at your convenience isn’t helpful for ppl to form thoughtful conclusions/discussion.

You and anyone else here are welcome to ignore actual expertise though if you like. Nobody is forcing you to agree with an expert if ya don’t want to.

3 Likes

I am not sure if Hoeg is writing ABK deal documents to leak the inside info.

Everybody here and there just assume what might happen. And in fact Hoeg does not even say that “there will be a consent degree or Microsoft will release COD on Playstation” he is stating what might happen. Because he is a lawyer and that’s his job to provide the ideas what might or might not happen.

P.S. you are again trying to push your assumptions as facts by trying to appeal to authority. At least in my case I honestly believe in what I am saying without trying to pretend to be right unconditionally.

4 Likes

Not sure what you mean here? He is analyzing legal docs all the time on his show related to the ABK deal. Literally dozens of hours of it is on his channel.

What? I just replied with points and a link to updated anlaysis from an expert. You can volley those points as you like. That’s what a discussion is. I update my views based on evidence and expert analysis when possible. When Phil said on twitter CoD would be multiplat, I changed my presumption from ‘it will likely be exclusive based on how they handled BGS decision making’ to ‘nevermind, it will stay multiplat’.

What is the weird comment about my ‘honesty’ supposed to mean, precisely? If following the evidence and expert analysis makes someone dishonest in your eyes, so be it. That kinda reply isn’t very helpful for discourse tho.

1 Like

What I am saying is that Hoeg provides the potential options what might happen. And that’s it.

2 Likes

They are still their opinions and not based in any first hand knowledge of the deal. Hoeg also said at one point he thinks the deal has a 30% chance of failing. Are you now saying because hes a lawyer the deal actually has a 30% chance of failing? Or is it once again his educated opinion.

Yes everyone understands that expert opinion is an opinion. You guys really should not feel so threatened just because someone posts analysis from Hoeg. And no, his 70/30 thing isn’t him actually pretending that is a robust probability analysis. He has explained this before. Quite a lot of daylight between that and dozens of hours laying out what is happening in the deal, sourced to legal docs from MS/ABK themselves.

Again, it’s just information. No need for ppl to be defensive about it surfacing here in a thread on the topic.

1 Like

Right…and as more info comes to light those options become more solidified and probable. Point being, it isn’t good to dismiss experts and it isn’t good to draw conclusions that you can’t update when new info comes in. But you do you. Not here to change your mind. Just posting new info/analysis and you can ignore it or dismiss it or disagree with it at your discretion.

2 Likes

No, they are not? I mean we literally see Microsoft pointing at Sony with their third party exclusive deal and referencing Spider-man and Final Fantasy and other permanent exclusive games implying that removing the content from the platform / making it exclusive is perfectly fine no matter how big IP is.

This is one thing about internet discourse that I will never understand. People have this need to believe that the only probable outcome is the one they want and just can’t handle anything that goes against those desires.

Yes, no one knows anything for certain until the ink is dry and the process is done. But Im sorry, your (the proverbial “you”) opinion is not on equal footing to a professional in the field, no matter how much you want to believe it is.

If your stomach hurts and you are tired all day and you happen to have a casual conversation with a doctor outside of their practice, their opinion on the situation holds far more weight than what you or your friend think. He doesn’t know what your ailment is exactly without evaluation but they can certainly lead you in the right direction.

If you car is making a noises and pulling to the right a mechanic’s opinion on what you should have checked out holds more weight than yours.

and when a M&A lawyer is explaining corporate M&A and giving you information to calibrate your expectations on what can/might happen, you should lend it more credence than how you personally feel about it. Getting caught up on numbers that were provided simply to illustrate a confidence level in the outcome is kind of weird when full contextual analysis is provided in conjunction with those numbers.

6 Likes

You mean in the same filing that they literally reiterate that they will not make CoD exclusive to Xbox ecosystem? Check the New Zealand filing form MS. Page 49, section 10.3, item d (iirc, if ya can’t find it there lemme know).

1 Like

Nobody expects COD Warzone 1, 2 and F2P + the games coming under contractual obligations to be removed from Playstation. And Microsoft does not remove the released games from PSN store either (they did the same with Bethesda). In fact in Bethesda european filling (I wonder if t here was a brazillian one but I guess nobody cared) they even stated that there is a financial incentive to keep Bethesda games on Playstation.

(Simply by the amount of COD games coming to PS, Microsoft does not violate anything related to PS releases)

Anyway, we will see not earlier than 2024 anyway.

You seem to willfully ignore what they said…which was not only about existing contracts but also future releases. I know you’ve been told this before since I remember pointing to those things before.

Either you will update your thinking as new info comes in or ya won’t, and that’s fine. Like I said, you do you. /shrugs

1 Like

They said that in the future they will keep the games available for people to enjoy their games - you can’t enjoy something that was not released on your platform in the first place (basically meaning that they won’t remove the games from PSN).

I don’t need to update my thinking simply because there is no final document on the desk and not final COD game is released.

Anyway, just like I said - we will see in 2024 or whatever year the last contractual COD is coming.

I like to update my predictions as new info comes in. You don’t, and that is fine. We will find out one way or the other how our predictions fared. :slight_smile:

1 Like

7 Likes